flaming_madmember
34 posts

Posted:
I just learned the BTB weave! It seems easy now that I have it down. I've been twirling for about 4 months and can't wait to see how much my skills will improve in another 4!

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
how do u do the BTB Weave i can't seem to get it , I can do the forward weave. Is it any harder then the forward weave.Fire_Sista

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
You rule me dude 5 months and I still having problems with btb butterfly.

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

flaming_madmember
34 posts

Posted:
My advise is to master fwd and bwd weave infront of you then with only one poi at a time swing behind your back till you have that down. My problem was getting the two started behind me with out them tangling. I finaly got it down by starting them off to one side of my body. Example: right swings behind & down and to left side of body then cross over with the left hand.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
There are a few steps you can take to work up to the btb weave.First, start doing a btb crossover with just one hand at a time. Figure out which is easier: starting from a forward side-circle or reverse, and go with whichever is easier.Second, practice holding one hand across your back and doing side-circles on the opposite side of your body. This helps you get used to keeping the chains going in an awkward position.Third, do a quick "one-two" split-time btb crossover. Once you get comfortable with that, it's a relatively easy step to forcing yourself into making the extra side-circles that make it a real weave.Hope this helps.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy