Forums > Social Chat > Stagename needed, (firestorming please)

Login/Join to Participate

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Well, after doing a quick search on Auckland, under people. I've found two other Charles' and a Charlie. I guess as I'm doing the professional thing now I should get myself a stagename for my fireperformances (and maybe a few silly ones for my other skills/costumes).I would love everyones input for a stage name, FYI i use single and double 1.4 metre staffs, have a red and black costume and a goatee (ie so anything starting with "Babyface" may not be that accurate.I've been thinking along the lines Supernova, Red Dwarf (I'm short but not that short), Mr Burns etc. It needs to be non-adult as children make up a large part of my audience. Also, if a great name comes up and someone already has it, please let me know, I won't willingly take someone else's name :PThanks a lot guys, I look forward to your suggestions...------------------Charles Dolbel

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
If you used nunchaku I'd suggest Dolbel Chuck (double chuck get it? rolleyes )I'm horrible with names. Look at how original mine is...------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you[This message has been edited by Pele'sWhippingBoy (edited 18 July 2001).]

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i am partial to the "Flaming Mr Chuckles"myself.. But thats just me. grin SUper'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
How about "Flaming Dildo Man"?no, wait... kids in the audience...I know: "Flaming Dildo Bunny"!They'll love that. wink-Rick

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
ANd you wanted serious answers Charles? HA! grinThe audience is just going to call you the fire guy, at least those gross generalizations always happen to me (tho I am known as the FIre Lady here) so you could think along those lines.I think alot of the mythos names have been taking....Chuck the big stick guy...???? good for kids and single women!!!! winkI kinda like Mr. Burns except that really is the name of some people...I dunno...I cheated when I got mine, the whole volcano/goddess thing....good luck!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
RICK!!! ROTFLMAO!!!that was good. i need a good gut wrenching laugh to make the day go by faster.."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

- Mark Twain

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Pele, no, I wasn't expecting many serious answers, but "what is life without hope" smileAlso, there are quite a few amateur and professional firedancers in Auckland, so while I am known to some of the audience as the Fireguy, it's for advertising purposes that I wish to have a stagename.And (here's the devious, underhanded, sneaky [well not really] bit), now that I've voiced my intentions, if I choose one that sonmeone else has already got, no-one can say I didn't ask for their input...And if we get some funnier ones than the previous rude ones, i might use them for some of my more adult shows, (balloon sculptures have a mind of their own when there are no kids around... =)Keep the answers coming guys, if only to make us smile...------------------Charles Dolbel

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Sir Flame

- Mark Twain

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
how bout..."flaming homer"....man i love the simpsons!

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
capt'ain flame (fire)fire charlesburnin' charly.........pyro charles(subtitle)a hot guy with a big stick on fire grin

o]-[DasK]-[o

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
you can go ethnic with it...Hot Tamale

- Mark Twain

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
hey ya chuck! i dont know you but heres my ideas!!! smilemy dogs name is chuck.. which is short for Golden Flamming Chakramy parents are hippies they named him its neat.. hey its better then what they named me *giggles*dildo bunny works to though wink

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
WAIT!!!!!i thought of more!!!this one time i set my windbreaker on fire to prove to my cousin that it was flamable (shut up guys i was 9) after my gramma put me out we ran around screaming "FLAME ON" i say you go buy an old marvle comic halloween costume.. need i say more *giggles*maybe you should change your act a bit.. *grins*ill help!!!

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Actually, that's not a silly idea, (not the changing my costume thing, the superheroes names might be good inspration).Does anyone know the names of any mythical fire Creatures, or gods etc, Pele not included, that one appears well and truly taken?Also, food orientated names might be quite cool, Vindalou (spelling), might be quite funny, if not too subtle for some new zealanders...Come on guys, i know we're an artistic, creative bunch, lets fire some more ideas out there...------------------Charles Dolbel

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

rollinmember
3 posts

Posted:
Ok so you got the goatee and the red and black costume, just add some horns and make your staffs into tridents and you can be satan/damien/lucifer/beezlebub.Or you could just be the "man with the big flaming red staff"

r@ll out!

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
OK, here's a selection of fire gods and goddesses...Loki Norse fire god and tricksterHuehueteotl Aztec fire godShulawitsi Zuni (!) fire godKokosori Hopi fire godGibil Mesopotamian fire spiritHinukan Okinawan fire godPrometheus Greek Titan who stole fire frmo the Gods, but it's taken already..Ooh, just found a big list of 'em (https://www.paganreligion.co.uk/deity/fire.html): Fire Deities Agni: Hindu fire God. Anhur: Egyptian God of the sun, fire and air. Astarte: Greek goddess of fertility, fire, war, vengeance, victory, sexual prowess.Bast/Bastet: Egyptian Cat-Goddess symbolic of fire, healing, pleasure, mirth and light.Bel: Irish-Celtic fire and sun God. Brighid: Irish-Celtic Goddess of fire and water, who probably began as a sun Goddess. Chantico: Aztec Goddess of fire, home and fertility. Chu Jung: Chinese God of fire executions, who embodies justice, revenge and fire.Coyolxuahqi: Aztec moon Goddess; symbolises the element of fire. Geb, the Green Man: Egyptian God of the earth who symbolises the element of fire.Hephaestus: Greek blacksmith God, represents Fire magic and creativity.Hestia: Greek Mother Goddess, symbolic of fire, domestic and home magic, and the well-being of the self and family. lso known as Vesta (Roman).Huchi: Japanese Goddess of fire. Huehuetotl: Aztec God of fire, patron of warriors and kings.Masaya: Mayan Goddess of fire and divination. Njord: Norse God of winds, sea, fire, and wealth. Good for spells involving air, water, fire. Nushku: Babylonian God of justice, flame, and lamps. Pele: Hawaiian Goddess of fire who can destroy or create. She causes volcanic erruptions, fires and earthquakes. Sati: Egyptian Goddess who symbolises the element of fireTsao-Wang: Chinese God of the heart and fire. Vesta: Roman Mother Goddess, symbolic of fire, domestic and home magic, and the well-being of the self and family. Also known as Hestia (Greek).Vulcan: Roman God of fire and the forge.Weland: Norse God of smiths and metalworkers, whose element is fire.Can I have first dibs on Weland (I live about 30 miles from Weland's Smithy and I like to twirl there)?So, Charles, how does "Brigit" grab you? :-) mikeyB

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
uhhhh...damn mike...if he cant find something in that..then there is no hope.Human Torchhot DogWhats thats food you set on fire?? Flambe?good luck------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

- Mark Twain

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey Mikey....Pele is already taken!!! winkTechnically, so id Hephaestus, Prometheus and there is an Apollo floating around too.And Vulcan???...Live long and Prosper! grin

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
and I've performed as Loki (I don't think I'm the only one to use that name, though) and Arius (this second one's not on the above lists, don't worry - it's made up), depending on the mood of the character and the costume.What ethnic background do you have, or what cultures are you fascinated by? This might help you narrow your search if you decide to go in the mythical direction.-Rick "Dr. Ariusgizmoloki" Gladwin

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Mikey, That's great! Just what I wanted... Phooey, Loki has been suggested by several friends of mine recently, and I thought it seemed quite good, guess I'd better keep looking. Pity so many of them are goddesses, (i'm sure people will make a few crossdressing jokes after this) And of course you can have Weyland, even if it is about the only pronouncable one left frown I'm hoping to have the name stitched onto my costumes, which does limit me to simpler names (like pele or loki!!! smile ), it's not much sense having a name to make you easier to recognise if noone can pronounce it or remember it...And wow!, 2 serious answers in a row, great stuff guys. Rick, that's also a great idea, interests are all cultures,predominately indonesian and eastern, and background is jewish/european from the Jersey Islands...------------------Charles Dolbel

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
umm... something to do with phoenixes, or fox fire (also a cool movie btw)... it is true about lots of the gods being female...also try mixing various things with pyro- etcor you could go hellish and have something related to Pandemonium, Abaddon, Domdaniel, Jahannan, Sheol, Brimstone, Tartarus, Avernus, Acheron, Cocytus, Pluto, Rhadamanthus, Erebus, Tophet...Flare something?or Inferno something perhaps?in·fer·no (n-fûrn)n. pl. in·fer·nosA place of fiery heat or destruction :der... Blowback? (nice druggy reference though... also a new album out by Tricky, who ROCKS!)running out of ideas for the moment...btw, Rhadamanthus isn't as bad as it looks imho...------------------Blackie

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
INFERNO! (hits head with hand), that's perfect, I've got it down to three now.Supernova (maybe a bit too overboard), Mr Burns (I still like this one) and Inferno, that I think I'll go with, even if it does sound a little like an American gladiator (awful show, and the reason I haven't chosen Nitro).Thanks everyone for their suggestions, even the rude ones!------------------Charles Dolbel

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
how about just nova/novus?

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Pyronova?Kinda like casanova?I like that... why do I always have to give my best ideas away? Do a strontium flame... big and red, would be v cool smile

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
El Diablo...Spanish for Devil------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

- Mark Twain

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Flamin' charlesBurnin' charles etc...but i do like INFERNO

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
INFERNO it is!Had my first performance with INFERNO as my stagename (also Sparkles as the childrens entertainer beforehand).It was the best perfomance I've ever had, and I've had a fair few. Hundreds and hundreds of people chanting and yelling and laughing so much I could barely hear myself talk to them!Hardly anyone noticed I was the same person as Sparkles either, just goes to show what a name can do.Thank you everyone for your suggestions!------------------Charles Dolbel

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
woo i rule wink