fuzznutsmember
2 posts

Posted:
just wanted to say yo!i just started to POI and i would love tips for starting out.. BTW- the lessons on this site is really great!

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Welcome Fuzznuts, I think this may belong in the social discussion, but who knows. Anyways, The poi lessons on this site are awesome, soon you'll be BTB (Behind The Back) weaving and having crazy dreams about all sorts of different moves. Good luck and don't ever give up, if you can imagine it, you can probably do it.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

fuzznutsmember
2 posts

Posted:
thanks for the reply.. i cant wait to load up on a variety of tricks and combos..all i have now is hits in the face and black eyes...

shevamember
3 posts

Posted:
hi fuzznutswelcome to poi's world. just a small tip for you that helped me start- every night, before falling asleep, when you close your eyes, try to imagine the thing you were doing with your poi at that day. you will find yourself wake up in the morning and succiding the stuff you failed the day before. goodluck. :d

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Welcome Fuzznuts !!!Want tips ? Practice, practice , practice as many wise members told me on this board allready smile Like your vision of what is doable, Myst smileOh Fuzznuts, if your heart feels like it, don't forget to dance too...Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Cass,THOSE are wise words we dont hear often enough;"dont forget to dance"A twirler who can pull mad crazy technical moves without grace will always be outshined by a graceful dancer pulling out standard moves with loads of fluidity...at least in my Opinion.But I guess we are all looking for different things in this twirling life smileJosh

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
WELCOME Fuzznuts.I'm not a pro or anything but I want to say 'don't give up' i have wanted to time and time again when i can't get a move right and it takes twice as long to learn (if you keep giving up) but I am determined to get it, and it always turns out ok.Good Luck with the twirling.Fire_sistaxxx[This message has been edited by Fire_Sista (edited 24 July 2001).]

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

SpinnerBRONZE Member
stranger
24 posts

Posted:
Just do a little bit every day and try to pick a new move as soon as you've mastered one that way you'll never get stuck doing the same routine!

stripesSILVER Member
stranger
41 posts

Posted:
hey smile I've not been here long either, but I've been spinning for a while and i have this one immortal piece of wisdom passed down from... me

as long as you're having fun, everyone watching you will be too. there's nothing worse than watching a spinner who knows all the technical moves but doesn't put any heart or soul in to their performance.

confidence is so much more important than technical skill (and it makes it all the funnier when something goes worng tongue )

remember; they can't break you if you don't have a spine