space cadetmember
19 posts

Posted:
Okay, sorry to ask newbie questions, but:I have the reverse weave down pretty well, but when I bring my right hand back over to my right side, it seems like I have to move my arm a lot* (can't keep arms nicely together) to avoid it tangling or smacking into my left hand/arm. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need more practice?

flaming_madmember
34 posts

Posted:
You just need more practice! The better you get the more in the wrist action stuff will be instead of using your arms. I had the same problem when I first started practicing fwd to bwd weave turning alround.

evenstarmember
36 posts

Posted:
Yes, practise!! I don't know anyone personally, you took to it naturally... I'm still a bit iffy about it myself. Feels great when done well, though [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">Undómiel.------------------[/image] A light from the shadows shall spring." TOLKIEN

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring.
TOLKIEN

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
hey Space Cadet!! i havent spoke to ytou in a while. Reverse weave. Have you tried doing it like this??Start in a regular weave, then as you swing your left hand to the right side of your body, turn your entire body 180 degrees. When your do the turn, you will be doing the reverse weave. it is actually an optical illusion. The weave is still moving in the same direction, just your body is facing the opposite direction. I overexagerrated the movements and that helped me learn to do it more smoothly.hope this helps.Super'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain