SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
This isnt a new move or anything, and even at that its very simple. I was playing around last night with tuck turns. I was having a blast doing them without turning. (is that called a tuck?) i was just weaving away, and i went to do a tuck turn, but i didnt turn my body at all, i just kept going under each arm pit back and forth...it flowed so well, and was very clean. Then after a pass under my right pit, i turned to my left dropping it behind my head, then into a windmill..AS far as doing the tucks back and forth with out turning, does this give a cool effect?? I have no idea what it looked like, i just know it was fun to do. thats all i was wondering..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I don't do many tuck turns or anything like that but I do do a move similar to what you do. I call it a tri-weave. facing forward, one poi in front of you one behind start with a forward weave, when it gets in front of you go to a revearse weave,(still face forward. It makes three circles and lookes like it goes between your legs. it kinda frames you in the middle with a big circle. If you don't understand what it looks like or how to do it, I'll tell you one of the vids Iv seen it on and try to explain a little better.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
please do...i want to see this. i think i know whats happening, because i know i have done that before on accident (go from a weave to a Rweave without turning) i was probably consuming when i did it.But i want to see, post the site. Please.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

- Mark Twain

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Yeah Supes, I didnt discover the amazing potential of tucks turns until a few months ago. They are much fun. smile Try doing two circles under each arm. Myst, no teasing now! I definitely need a tip on the video, Im having trouble visualizing it. Peace all!------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce

Wow

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Fire poi from Sean Gibson, South Africa. He does it about 6 seconds into it, he adds a windmill into it a couple of times. Its simple really, If you didn't know, when you learn to weave you already learn half a reverse weave. I spend A LOT of time with my glowstix so I pick up moves left and right. I had never seen anyone do it other than myself until I watched some of the videos. some of the moves I do are just too hard to explain, so I don't. If you really want to know superman, write me an e-mail and I'll share them with you, I just don't like sharing some of my secrets with the world.------------------If a nuclear bomb went off, we'de all be giant glowstix, think about it, spinning with your two best friends would have a whole new meaning.

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Liquidmember
28 posts

Posted:
see... Social Discussion ; ever try using 4 poi straps I put in some info about things that i have done and tried. they might be listed in this group but i did not want to read every singe post thanksplur

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Here's one I love doing dunno why but basicly I've gotten down being able to put a rv weave on eaither side of my body and I like to hold on them every now and then :P and as if that wasn't enough I throw'em behind my head so It kinda looks like a 5 point weave :P

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Sups,do a reverse weave in front of your body, while keeping your feet planted, follow the poi around to the left and do one rep of a fwd weave on the left and behind a bit, return to the front do a rep of rvs and then turn to the right do a rep of fwd. the spin planes arent moving...Adams' thread 270 degree static weave explains this move in detail - look it up using the search.Josh

Dimitrimember
26 posts

Posted:
Tuck turns are wonderful-that includes both under the arm pits and over the shoulders turns. Try doing tuck both in-time and out-of-time. Also you can do them continuously as one combination. Though in the out-of-time one you need to put an extra circle in somewhere(I usually put it in when each hand reaches the front.) They are excellent for moving as well. Try a 180 degree step as you tuck. The tuck is also the base for under the leg tricks. Try instead of tucking the right hand behind the back put it under the leg. The left ones a bit trickier but its basicaly the same move. When the leg moves are comforatable try doing them out of time and then you get a windmill between the legs.Sorry I got excited about tuck turns....Loads of loveD

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if I'm tucking or not... Let's say I'm doing a nice weave way out in front of me with my hands staying a foot or so in front of my body and my elbows not really moving (all wrist.) Now if I continued weaving but GROSSLY overemphasized my hand motions I could technically get my hands under my armpits on the third beat. Is this what we're calling a tuck? Granted I could do it without a weave and then easily turn off or on beat. I know what it looks like when others are doing it but am not sure if I am...

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Josh- thats a 270 static weave???? ill be damn. You learn something neew everyday. Thanks bro.mrmo_nyc- easy way of using a tuck. Do a figure 8 with the POI in front of you, but both moving at the same time. When they travel to the left side of your body, lift your left elbowand let them go underneath your armpit. Sway your body as you do this, then when they come out from under your left pit travelling back to the right, turn your body to the right 90 degrees and go into back swings, rev weaves, or just stand still and do tucks to the left and right.Dimitri- Im trying that tonight when i get home. I have been wanting some undertheleg moves. It makes sense now that you say that. "S"

- Mark Twain

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Thanks Superman, well explained. FYI, the fishhooks that I was bragging about before I still endorse BUT I wouldn't use anything more dangerous than a glowstick on one. They tend to bend and unclip when you hit them on the floor/eachother. Also, if you lend them to "rookie cute girl" and she tangles them and then attempts to pull them apart. But they're VERY convenient for getting on and off glowsticks.

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug