FirelindancerBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
hey there I all new to this ...I been twirling off and on for about three months now and worked out a move that I havent seen anywhere esle...so here goesstart with a forward swing, then bring both poi to cross over to one side, your hands equidistant from each other. So your hands are basically doing a figure kinda movement of one beat on each side. Then what you can also do, is do two beats on side. Bear in mind that when you do the two beats on each side, one hand has to be slightly above the other, then you yo swing to the other side the hand that was above now has to swap to below so that that the poi dont enterwine. I hope that this works for you, and if you need any clarification lemme know...Keep twirling!!

of all the things I've Lost I think I miss my mind the most

Lamarmember
53 posts

Posted:
If I'm visualizing this correctly, what I think you are describing is the around the world butterfly, except your not actually hooking your wrists together for a butterfly. So you have 2 big circles on the right side of your body w/ a forward swing, then throw the circles over to the left side of your body in a reverse swing, right?

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
ok,Firelindancer, try this..Do that same movement, and as you swing them both to the left, on the downward stroke, turn your body to the left 180 degrees, but at the 90degree point take them behind your head and take them into a a corkscrew movement. Do this for about four beats and gradually split time the Poi into the corkscrew (wrists close together) or keep spinning and do a couple of 360's and vary the speed and also vary etween split and sametime as youre turning..Very cool effect..Super.. ------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I learnt that one a few months into learning poi... witha slight variation...my friend 'discovered' it last week too... throwing it behind the head from there is lots of fun, either both hands or split smile

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

FirelindancerBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
actually ...there's two big cirles on each side both in a forward swing. Also I tried that move that you suggested and it works really well ... smile thanks a stax

of all the things I've Lost I think I miss my mind the most

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
anytime i throw both POI behind my head, i cal it a drop swing. It is very practical for combo'ing moves together and as a nice transition move.I use it to go from a H. mexican wave...into a corkscrew. "S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain