Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > hmmmm.....now this could be interesting!

Login/Join to Participate

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Hey hey poi people.I have been playing with the meteor recently and have discovered something interesting.But I need your help!When doing the one handed butterfly in a forwards direction you move your hand up and down, O.K, now try moving it left and right...you now have a butterfly that is moving left and right...but the beauty of it is that if you then move it down and up...you find yourself in a backwards butterfly! Thus you can turn a butterfly from forwards to backwards keeping it in the same position!Heres me problem! I need to translate this move from meteor to poi. BUT when I try I find that the only way to do it is to swap the poi between hands, and This is more complication than I can handle.Please any suggestions will help.------------------peace, love and light*TOUCH*

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Good luck to you man smileI have a feeling that the whole reason you can do that with meteor is that there is no distinct handedness inherent in the tool - unlike Poi. I have a feeling that the distinction between fwds and rvs butterfly fades when the poi are joined (meteor).let us know if you do manage to do it without swaping poi..(perhaps if you cross your arms?).----on second thought - I think it could be possible without swapping poi - good luck with it tho!----Josh [This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 25 June 2001).]

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
that sounds like it would work! and damn cool too! your basically making the poi turn in a circle! hey, i bet if you were to do it fast enough...that would look totally wicked! kinda like a big moving circular butterfly spiral thingy! WOW! i'm gunna try this one! grin thanx for the info! if i learn how to do this with two hands i'll post it for ya, but i think because your hands can only bend so far, you'll only be able to do about a 180, and then you'll have to go back the other way, which would still work, but i'll try before i make any final decisions! grin------------------My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!