• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

alterego
BRONZE Member since Jul 2001

alterego

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer

Total posts: 222
Posted:Variation of the Low Wave. Do a reverse or forward butterfly overhead, bring your right poi down your right side then back into the butterfly, then with your left, then screw the butterfly and do left right left right.I just became proficient with doing a reverse forward butterfly and moving directly into a forward btb butterfly, yay. Can also do a btb crossover, fig 8 and weave are next
Non-Https Image Link
Love always,Spanky

Delete Topic

Shibaki

enthusiast

Total posts: 309
Posted:Wow! That is great... I cant wait to try it.Thanks for the tip Spanky.
Non-Https Image Link

Wow

Delete

Lamar

Total posts: 53
Posted:Hey Spanky, what is a good way to start working on my btb xovers? I can't even seem to come close to getting it right... w/ 1 behind my back (left or right) I can get it pretty easy but when I throw 2 in the mix my brain misfires. How do you start your swing at the sides and when you cross-over can you give me a decent description of what your hands do? Lastly, what about the rest of your body? Do you just stand straight up, or bend forward slightly?Thanks bud!

Delete

Pele
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Pele

the henna lady

Total posts: 6193
Posted:A1so...whi1e your left is a1ready up there you drop it behind your left shoulder, and since the right should be behind your right hip, you bring it up to the sma11 of your back and it is a rea11y nice butterfy effect, then you can swing into the a1ternating high 1ow waves. ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

alterego
BRONZE Member since Jul 2001

alterego

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer

Total posts: 222
Posted:Erm, when I do anything btb I am bending over slightly. I also spin my strings what would be backwards were I doing moves in front of me. Just hold your hands at your sides spinning the strings backwards and then immitate the movement of a crossover in front of you. Generally when I do a crossover in front of myself I go close to the point where I would be hugging myself, however when btb I only make it halfway up my forearms. I dunno, I started with btb butterfly and crossover came easily.Love always,Spanky

Delete