Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > 2 Original Moves (Well, maby!)

Login/Join to Participate

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
Sorry peeps, i know i havn't really contributed much to the moves section lately but i thought i'd share some new moves i know now really well. 1.) Ok, this was mentioned before i beleive, but i'm going to explain it in more detail this time. SOMERSAULT BUTTERFLY- Ok, start by making the strings + the poi together about the size of your forearm. Spread your legs almost as far as you can sideways. Start doing a butterfly infront of you, and then slowly bring it down, and between your legs, then keep doing it but bring it vertically near your butt. Keep doing the butterfly and then when your ready do a somersault. But remember, you won't have any hands to brace yourself because they will still be doing the butterfly, so IF YOU HAVE A BAD NECK...DON'T ATTEMPT THIS TRICK! hehe! when your in the middle of the somersault, just remember to keep your legs as far spread as you can. then, if you do it right, you should still be doing the butterfly infront of you, only you should be sitting down...vula! This is one of my best moves so treat it good! wink2.) This is just a really (i stress that) simple jump move. Ok, start by doing simple backwards swings, then bring it up above your head so you're doing an above the head butterfly (usually different interval, if you cant do it fast, till you have it horizontal). Ok, then as the strings are swinging to the front of you (they should be off to the right and left of you when you bring them down) bring them down below your legs infront of you. Then jump them, and bring them back infront of you into a forward butterfly! Thus not only have you pulled a wicked move but you've also changed the directions of the poi. Pretty nifty huh!Well, that's it! Have fun as i do! grin------------------My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master![This message has been edited by Plazma (edited 12 June 2001).][This message has been edited by Plazma (edited 12 June 2001).]

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Plazma...Check out the thread titled "Ground Rolling"..I think it covers both of your moves and several others along those lines.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
Wow! I'm looking it up right now! I didn't think anyone else really did those tricks! wink At least now i know i'm not the only one doing them. grin Everyone here is very talented, another common trait! Well, at least the newbies will read this one! wink------------------My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master![This message has been edited by Plazma (edited 12 June 2001).]

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!