AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
i was playing around and i am trying to get the hang of about 4 moves at the mo and then i went in to a mad thing where you do fwd butterfly on your right side bkw butterfly on the left hand side... as this (to me) seems impossible i seem to always go in to split time and although it looks REALLY cool i can only keep it going for about 7 beats before it all goes wrong...can anyone do this ... has it a name and any tips would be welcome... smilethanks guys------------------moo? ... is that it?

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

Lamarmember
53 posts

Posted:
When you say bwd butterfly on your left hand side do you mean a full 180 across the body from the right hand side? Sounds interesting... is there any turning of your body involved? Just last night I yanked an over-the-head (as in directly above my head -- think halo) backwards butterfly into a forward butterfly in front of my face... so I know reversing the butterfly is perfectly possible as long as it is reversed in its beat. I think in order to do what you are doing w/o splitting the timing you would probably have to be able to do a butterfly where your hands are swinging from left-right (possible?) to keep it in beat instead of up-down, then you could yank it across your body on a left/right swing. Hmm... well I guess I still have work to do on my butterflys afterall... smile

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Yeah, thats a tight move. When I discovered it for myself, I was like: WHOA! What did I do? I started practicing it with one poi on each side of me swinging opposites. Then I just practiced bringing one around to the other and then one back out. Then alternate hands. You switch from for. to rev. depending on how you start. Now when I change through it, my hands dont separate at all, and it looks totally fluid. I just got the TTN to Rev. TTN transition going to, but its a lot harder...Happy spinning to all!------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce

Wow

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
oh i forgot to say that i can also do it like the corkscrew... thats how i came up with it... so you bend over fwd and do it over your head the infront of your face... ect ectbut thatks i think i almost have it now... yay.. see ya all smile

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I called that move a Butterfly Cross-flow, cuz I think it is very similar to the weave cross-flow (ie alternating fwd and bwd weave across the body laterally)...probly lots of other names, I cetainly wasnt the first to do it.Josh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
It's also called "the protie", the "back flow" and there was someone else who named it but I can't remember what it was.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK