ScRuBBSILVER Member
9 posts

Posted:
Here's a nifty move that's not terribly difficult but looks impressive if done right.Swing the poi forward into a chase the sun, alternating one swing on each side of you. When the poi come down on the right side, swing them up so they spin over your head once. Once the poi do one revolution, bring them down in front of you, kick your left leg up and swing the poi beneath it. As they complete the revolution, kick your right leg up and your left leg down so the poi come out from under you. Swing them to the left, spin one circle on that side, then continue.Practice starting from the left and right sides. For a left handed one you'll be kicking your right leg up first and the poi will be spinning the other way. For flare, turn to the side and spin once behind your back (i.e. normal chase the sun).Be careful with chase the sun moves, the poi can get tangled and it looks silly while you try to untangle them and spin at the same time.Let me know what you guys thing of this one!------------------Ouch, dammit! Frickin poi, stop hitting me!

Ouch, dammit! Frickin poi, stop hitting me!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yeah Scrubb, it's a fun one smileIf you start from in a windmill it looks even more impressive but still isn't erribly hard...a nice combo is weave to windmill to underleg swing back up into windmill to weave.Ben from Pyrocussion has this move so smooth it flows like water....------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
I can almost visualize this one... It sounds great, but Im going to have to write it down and do get really creative to figure it out...Maybe my brain is just fuzzy... eh?Thanks for more inspiration! Im sure I can run with this one for a few more weeks. By the way, if anyone has any more pointers to help my foggy mind pull this off in my head, it would be great. smile------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce

Wow

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
I went to a park on Sunday (this was long after Id given up trying to visualize how I was supposed to kick up my legs) and was spinning some, and this dude comes up and starts talking to me. He picks up a single poi and does this move but with out the Sun's on the right and left... I was like: WHOA! I can build off of this! Then I realized that he was doing what you described. I picked it up with two... Maybe I should post that in the Supernatural Occurences thread somewhere else! wink------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce

Wow

JeannieGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
I was just fooling around (since, as a newbie, I don't really know many moves) and tried to do a verticle figure-8 in front of me, with the left poi chasing the right... i.e., high clockwise circle moving into low counter-clockwise circle. Predictably, I kept hitting myself in the frikkin shins. Rather than go get leg padding, I just jumped over the poi on the next revolution. My friends who were watching (pointing and laughing each time I bonked myself), freaked out, telling me how cool that looked... but I'm a bit skeptical. It was too easy to be an impressive move, wasn't it? Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

É preciso amar as pessoas como se
Não houvesse amanhã.
We must love as if there was no tomorrow.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i do a tight wristed corkscrew, and when after i swing them behind my head as i am leaning over, i jump over them on the down swing..now if i could do this on every donswing, then that would be impressive.. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">Super'------------------[/image]"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
interesting move with one poi...I'm a newbie so I don't know much jargon, but basically you swing it anticlockwise above your head, bring it down while its coming forward, jump over it as it goes back, bring it back up above your head, swap hands, bring it down in your left hand while it's out to the side, then finally jump over it again while its coming forward on the left side.Impressive if you can keep this up for long, it's really tiring... wink Blackie

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
Never really tried any junping moves i think id look a bit daft seeing as im 6 foot 2 and quite lanky. Yeah id look a bit of a goon winkBut id like to get better at wraps and learn some new turn variations that would be cool.

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Hey Pyro, I'm 6 foot 2 as well and when ever I jump the sun or jump a butterfly I always get a couple of WOWs. So it can be that dumb to watch a tall guy jumping little glowing things.LaterEric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i have a little variation on this move that some of you may like. once you lift your left leg up and get the swing to your right leg try bending your knee, wrapping your right leg then straighten your knee really quick as to throw the poi to the other leg, then bend left knee wrap throw it out and put your right leg up or jump if you want. not too great at explaining things but i hope you can get it.

anyone got a light?