knasmember
7 posts

Posted:
I've found that if U spin the staff on your right side. Switch and take it in just your right hand, and throw it so it makes a single backflip. Then twist you hand forward as far as you can reach, grab it ans throw it and continue that way over and over again. It looks quite cool when you get the hang of it. Maybe im not so very good at explayning stuff but i hope that youve understanded the concept of it.Sincerely yours // KNAS

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
hmm dont quite grasp what your saying... but on the flipside I did see something very cool the other night..This guy was twirling two sticks and he did a backflip with no hands and kept twirling...yeehar - thats the most awesome double stick action I've ever seen smile

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Yeah,I think I know what you are talking about...you mean catching and re-throwing on the same side without missing a beat?Splat - that move sounds cool - but very athletic smileI'm not sure I'll ever get to a stage where I'm able to do something like that...I hate to admit it - but I think I'm getting too old! flexibility, skill, coordination and patience...I can work on these...but I think my knees would protest harshly if I tried the old no-hands back flip...btw - do you mean back flip or back somersault? ie was he tucked or arched? no-hands backflip is REALLY hard. smileJosh

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
He was arched out - beautifully arched out, sticks spinning as he went over - one smooth fluid movement precise and perfect. I think he only did it once...its not like something you could miss seeing in a small gathering of twirlers.. I was drooling though! (not literally).. I've only ever attempted a backflip like that when there's been water behind me ... (envisions practising next summer).. its back to the drawing board whenever I see an amazing stunt like that smile

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Some friends of mine have been practicing staff, so of course I let them play with my newly constructed fire staff. My friend Dan, who has been known to literally run up trees in dress clothes, did a cool thing his *first* time with a fire staff. I saw him do a one-handed cartwheel earlier in the evening, so I asked him if he could do a corkscrew in one hand and do a cartwheel over it. Sure enough, on his third attempt, he got it down perfectly! It was so beautiful to watch, too.-p.