Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Nine Beat Double Fountain Weave Thingy

Login/Join to Participate

pureenergymember
17 posts

Posted:
Alright it's kinda hard to count beats by myself, but i think it's up there around nine..and it's not really a new more than it is a combination of some types of moves. Start of doing standard 3 beat fountains. Beat. Beat. Beat. Windmill.Then after the windmill do the 2 more beats on the same side, then instead of crossing back over like in a normal fountain, move your hands like you are going to turn and switch into reverse weave (don't move your feet) just do the first part of the reverse weave *both poi should travel for one beat each behind your back* then bring them back into the front for another beat and then toss them up into another windmill. then bring it back down like it was a regular fountain, and finish with the same motions you would for a standard 5 beat weave. take it over to the other side and lather, rinse, repeat. Tada, somewhere between 8-11 beat weave double fountains :-)Also another interesting varation on the alternating butterfly combo..the one where you go between mexi standard and low wave with one hand a beat behind..try going to beats behind instead, so when one poi is doing mexi, the other is doing low wave, then they meet for a normal butterfly beat and change positions..looks pretty cool.If this is really f'ed up explanation say so and i will try again :-)Matt------------------All that AND a bag of chips?!? Now that's a deal!

All that AND a bag of chips?!? Now that's a deal!

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
This *sounds* like what I call an "arround the world weave" and it is a lot of fun.Prote and I were out practicing the other day and she told me now to take it up a notch. Instead of starting with the forward weave, start with the reverse. Now, this isn't so cool in and of itself, but as you are about to go behind your back, go into a five-beat. Unwind the five beat behind your back, come arround and do another five-beat on the same side. Now you are back to where you started, so do the same thing on your left side. That's four different five-beat-ers all as a part of one move! Of course, the only time I ever really smacked myself in the face with fire was trying this move, so I think I'm going to need to practice it some more with streamers first. ;-)-p.

spinmember
10 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if this is the same thing but a combo I like is to start with a 5 beat reverse weave on the right side turn 90 degrees to the left and bring it up to quadruple corkscrew and then turn 90 degrees left again and do a 5 beat forward weave. If you do the weaves in this combo with your hands in front of your face or behind your head you can make it l0ook like the circle hovers in one place.

spinmember
10 posts

Posted:
a final note, it ends up being 14 beats

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
hey, ya know what would be really cool and amazing and helpful and stuff??!!?? is if someone would tape this combo they speak of cause i must say that these explinations are a little confusing.DRAKEkatafunk@hotmail.comwww.geocities.com/katafunk