Dottmember
29 posts

Posted:
Got it! grinDouble neck wrap from a butterly.Okay, do the forward (I think? right hand clockwise left hand anti) butterfly in front, stick your neck in when the balls are at the bottom, then when they are just past level with your cheeks tip your head back as far as it will go and hopefully they will unwrap!Although I doubt I'll ever try this one with fire...Dott, thinking she should get a video of some other moves that are too hard to explain and put a link up... smile

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
Does the direction of the spin change when you do a neckwrap?------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
direction changes when I do any wrap, not just neck...it's part of the reason to do them. smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
It depends on what kind of wrap and how you do it. For those wraps (like the neck wrap) where the head of the poi never actually touches your body (hopefully..hehe), the poi doesn't change directions. It just changes sides of your body as it unwraps (just as if you had swung it on the other side).However, for a lot of those, you can also turn your body 180 as you unwrap, thus making it seem to go the other direction from your own perspective.

Dottmember
29 posts

Posted:
Shawn is right - with this one, the poi unwrap because the poi are pulled to behind my back when I tip my head back, not because they change direction. Most of the wraps I do I unwrap like that...Dott smile.

thombreGOLD Member
74 posts

Posted:
Right, just learnt a single neck wrap which I get out of by turning my body 180 degrees. The way I figure it you can do this with a weave and both poi (one from under the neck, one from over) to make a double neck wrap. Is this possible? Any hints on how it's done?

Buy gerbils cos you can't spin with hamsters