Backpacker2kmember
30 posts

Posted:
Easier to pull off than with a local Burnley clampit.....but with more wit and humour.O.K1. forward swing as if you're going to do the low turn2. On the downswing, spread ya legs apart and slow the pois.3. Pois pass thru your legs and almost burn ya bum but stop just in time4. pull them back out and do the high turn BUT...5. keep the same posture, twist your hip to the left6. Pois should pass over your shoulder and head....then slow them down again7. Pois then pass thru btween the legs, this time almost toasting ya bollox....stopping just in time....thank god.8. pull them out and back over your shoulder and carry onEASY PEESY.....But a comical way of ending your setDan!

ABCDEFG...HIJKLMNOP...QRSTU and V..WXY and Zeeeee.Hey everybody look at me...now I know my ABC!

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Dan: are you doing leg wraps here, or do you swing your legs over the poi to come out?I do a move called "toasting the almonds" which is starts from a simple overhand swing, you spread your legs slightly, poi come down between your legs, wrap arround, and should hit your inner thighs just below your privates. Unwrap into the reverse simple overhand and do the same thing backwards. It is a real crowd-pleaser to do this several times in rapid succession. But it makes your jeans filthy. frownI've seen people do through the leg stuff before with partial wraps, but I'm nowhere near ready to do that stuff yet. I really wish I spent more time learning from Ben at the ECSF, as he was a master of these moves.-p.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
mmm you can do through the legs stuff with no wrap at all, I cant do it anymore, but I used to be able to do a couple of moves like the one that backpacker2k wrote...I think I called it chasing the moon? its in this new moves archive someplace smilePeace,Josh

Backpacker2kmember
30 posts

Posted:
Hey P.J...I likes the thigh wrapping bit..... probably not with the fire ( my clothes don't grow on trees ).... As for the leg swingin....KEEP YA LEGS STILL and let your arms and hips do all the twisting..... maybe swinging your legs could work.....Ahhhhh its a hot day in Lancashire so I'm goin in the back garden to try it outSeeyaTeeth of the JungleDan!

ABCDEFG...HIJKLMNOP...QRSTU and V..WXY and Zeeeee.Hey everybody look at me...now I know my ABC!

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
If I remember right, Ben's main leg thing wasn't a wrap, but sticking his hand through his legs from the front and doing a revolution behind his back. And he was working on from the back to the front...I "think" this is done as a club swinging move a lot, but is harder with poi since they are longer.The leg wrap that Ben and I were doing starts with the poi going clockwise in the right hand, stick out the right leg, and after it makes a revolution, make a mule kick type motion to let it unwrap behind the back.If you don't mind d/ling a 6.5 meg file, I think Alex does a variation of the leg wrap twice in the 5.mov video:https://www.nationalyoyo.org/main/contest1998/contest_res_final.html

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Ok, I didn't see Ben doing those wraps. Or perhaps I did, but didn't pay attention since those I can already do. What he did that I really thought was cool was the through the leg moves that kinda-sorta look like a wrap but aren't really wraps at all. I tried it, but I *completely* couldn't get my brain arround the concept at the time.But now I think I am ready to try again...-p.