Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
I don't really know what propted me to do this, but i got ahold of a large (like 7 ft) pretty heavy chain, weighted the ends and started spinning it. Its kinda fun, really adds variety. A fast weave makes the chain stiffen, so you can kinda do staff-like moves with it. I'm sure someone else does this, or something else like it, any moves or ideas for me to try?------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
It's a meteor.Been done for centuries in Asia. Been discussed here lots. Look under meteors and possibly bolos.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
Hey thanks!

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
meteors are great, unfortunately the weighted ends are usually pretty heavy (i think they have to be to get enough centrifugal force to straighten the chain or rope)so careful now mr sock. damage is easily done my friend. wink

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
I figured out both of those aspects to meteors the first few times i played with em. First off my chain is all kindsa heavy, so i need something really heavy on the ends to feel it at all. I also figured out that unlike with strings, if you hit yourself with a sizable chain it hurts... Right now i've got my weights wrapped in socks and tied to the end, so they don't really hurt when they hit me (which happens more frequently than i would like...) You're right tho, they're great fun... smile------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

EnigmAmember
20 posts

Posted:
Eyestorm's brother tells me that there was a guy in his school who swung a long rope with weigthed ends, he claimed that he held it in the middle and did poi like moves as well as staff moves. A meteor Hammer perhaps?

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
sounds like it!------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.