alterego
alterego

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer
Total posts: 222
Posted:I commonly do a wrap during a weave where I bring my right arm straight out to the side of my body, and take my left string and wrap it under my arm, then bring my right arm to the left side of my body and move my arm a little bit to help unwrap it, looks great. I have been practicing and I can do the same thing with the strings. Wrap the left string around the right string 1 or 2 times near where you are holding them and bring them to the left side and swing them around as many times as you wrapped them. Very easy to accomplish and they dont get tangled very easily.Love always,Spanky

Delete Topic

Shibaki
enthusiast
Total posts: 309
Posted:Thats crazy you mention it now Spanky, a group of us just had a meet last night, and Pure Energy just busted out doing that same thing. It looks tight. Ill have to learn it. ------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow

Delete

Vlad
Total posts: 9
Posted:Quick question...for those of you who do wraps, what do you find to be the best material? I presume for fire you are pretty much limited to chain, but which types tend to wrap and unwrap better?for glowsticks (or other things), what is the best? light string? heavy string/cord? silk/nylon?Vlad

How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?

Delete

Posted:well, i find that a cheap pair of shoe laces do the trick. not the flat kind, but the round ones. like dress shoe laces, at payless. there thin and only about $1. thick an thin cords seem to pich at high speeds. but make sure what ever you get doesn't strech, at least not very much, cuase that's how they pinch and burn. if you can get ahold of any, parachute cord works well.don't hate, it's such a contageous desease

Delete

emptyset
Total posts: 98
Posted:Spanky you have inspired me. I have go to get this. I have a really cool butterfly wrap thing down ( i cant take the credit for making it im sure everyone is doing it by now). I don tfeel like explaining it, but if anyone wants me to ill give it a whril. ------------------Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

Delete

alterego
alterego

Posted:Another wrap I started doing a couple months ago while attempting a btb crossover is to hold your arms straight out to your sides swinging forward. Swing your right Poi behind you and wrap it over your left arm, then as you bring it back poke your left leg from behind your right and wrap it on your ankle. It sounds complicated but if you try it you will find it just happens naturally. I discovered it on accident
Non-Https Image Link
Love always,Spanky

Delete

Knagi
Total posts: 397
Posted:What is a good thing to use for flaming wraps? I learned on the fireflys sold here and they torn gashes in my arms. Went and made another set of chains with 4 bends per link and each end bend was bent inwords. I haven't gashed myself since but after last night I have bruies where I did the wraps with this set.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Delete

Knagi
Total posts: 397
Posted:What is a good thing to use for flaming wraps? I learned on the fireflys sold here and they torn gashes in my arms. Went and made another set of chains with 4 bends per link and each end bend was bent inwords. I haven't gashed myself since but after last night I have bruies where I did the wraps with this set.Here's another wrap for you guys. lean down and spread your legs bending at the knees. then simply wrap around your ankles and throw over your head whenever you feel like it :P------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Delete

alterego
alterego

Posted:Cant help you on the fire wraps. In the past I have done them with a long sleeve shirt on, but I dont do them anymore because I cant stand spinning fire without having my shirt off ^_^Love always,Spanky

Delete

pozee
old hand
Total posts: 886
Posted:spanky, after you do that ankle wrap behind your back, it will shoot up easile and wrap behind your right arm, kind of comes from nowhere, then i like to do 1 qk crcl behind head and in 2 bf. if you want more, i have "heaps"lol

anyone got a light?

Delete

clarkey
Total posts: 29
Posted:I found another wrap the other day when i was messing around, it looks a little wierd and you have you have to be careful not to hit yourself where it hurts!
Non-Https Image Link
Basically your have to sort of do a squat, a bit lke a sumo wrestler, e.g. you have to try and get your thighs, and calfs at right angles to each other. Then you can wrap the poi, either forwards or backwards around your thighs, you can wrap both at the same time for a fast change of direction or one at a time to help get into the low wave, etc.Looks pretty cool
Non-Https Image Link
, but have only tried it with glow sticks/tennis balls.Easy, TIM

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Delete

Myst
addict
Total posts: 439
Posted:I'm just posting to back up pozee about having "heaps"(lol) of wraps. The funny thing is homeboy does them all with fire as well. Dude goes agro, it's crazy to watch.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Delete

pozee
old hand
Posted:i luv me sum wraps. anyone want to hear about them just ask

anyone got a light?

Delete

vanize
vanize

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3899
Posted:Wrapping with fire: use ball chain. You can find it at ballchain.com, though they don't respond to anything other than the telephone, and you have to buy in bulk. Luckily a local hardware store carries it here. I wrap all the time with fire on bare arms and body using that stuff. I do get minor Kevlar burn rashes from the wicks about 30% of the time, but they go away in a day or so. Occasionally I get samll round burn marks from the ball chain too, but they don't hurt and go away quickly too without leaving permanent marks.As far as my unique wrap. I do one with the poi moving in the same direction and in sync(as per 'chasing the sun'). Bringing this low, I wrap the right chain around my left forearm just as I wrap the left chain around my left calf. Then unwrap and bounce to doing the same thing over on the other side and then out of the pattern back into chasing the sun or corkscrew or something.It took me a while to get the timing and upper body twist just right, but it has an unusual look to it and a nice rythm. -v-

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Delete

alterego
alterego

Posted:quote:spanky, after you do that ankle wrap behind your back, it will shoot up easile and wrap behind your right arm, kind of comes from nowhere, then i like to do 1 qk crcl behind head and in 2 bf. if you want more, i have "heaps"lolI noticed, I'm going to start practicing again, maybe working some wraps will get me excited about spinning again, I got really bored with it after a while, I have no one to spin with *insert violin*

Delete

Myst
addict
Total posts: 439
Posted:What's up spanky, long time no talk. Maybe one day you can make it down to oceanside or I can make it up to san diego to spin with you. Write me an e mail, I'll get my poi back from my friend and we can spin.

Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Delete

pozee
old hand
Posted:whats up spanky, nice to finally meet you. i been wondering when we would cross paths. wow, i havent used that wrap in a while. i guess it is time to get back to my roots huh. hey myst, i got your poi and if you dont come over soon i will burn them, oh wait thats what your supposed to do with them. okay then i will hose them down and freeze them...

anyone got a light?

Delete

alterego
alterego

Posted:pozee / myst e-mail me -- spanky@spl.at

i'll be in town for a few months at least and i have a pretty loose schedule so i definetly have some time for you guys

Delete