• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Endangered Sanity

Total posts: 164
Posted:I recently broke my arm while playing soccer
Non-Https Image Link
so i cant do poi for at least a month. Does anybody know of some kind of twirly type thing that only requires one hand? That way i can at least do something
Non-Https Image Link

Delete Topic

Tiki

Total posts: 44
Posted:Two poi in one hand. Or one handed juggling.

1. CAUTION: Knife is very sharp. Keep out of children
2. A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
3. Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

Delete

Posted:Hi, sorry to here that you broke your arm. I always thought soccer was a bad sport to play, now maby my point is proven!!!You could always try just one poi in your one good arm!! Although two poi in one hand does seem like a better idea.------------------Kymic, Keep smiling :)

Delete

s-p-l-a-t

Total posts: 383
Posted:ermm....that sucks dude but at least this way you'll come back to it and have a whole new style (I did when I was sick for weeks)...I can imagine it would be weird to be able to twirl really well with one arm and the other being weak. Perhaps it will make for some new tricks though!Hope ya get better soon... try visualizing a white light all around your body before you go to sleep at night. Imagine that white light flowing through your entire body, healing lovely warm white stuff. I do this whenever I'm ill.... it seems to work some... and my friend's mate (who burnt most of his face off freddy kruger style) has no scars and perfect complexion cause of ye olde white light visualization technique.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Delete

gάrbǿ

gάrbǿ

addict

Total posts: 521
Posted:Sorry to hear about your arm. This sounds really weird but I just got back from the airport as my girlfriend is going to egypt for a month and I lent her my poi to practice so no poi for me for a month aswell.peace outgarbo
Non-Https Image Link
------------------ quote:"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

be excellent to each other: safe:

Delete

Posted:Learn to twirl a ball point pen. there are stacks of tricks you can do
Non-Https Image Link
perhaps a staff? (although you dont want to whack your plaster...)I was serious about the pen..http://www.fingerdexterity.com/pentwirling/pen_twirling.htmand!!http://members.iweb.net.au/~kith/juggling/Micro/pencil/pencil_f.htmnow tell me you love me
Non-Https Image Link
Josh[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 16 July 2001).]

Delete

Endangered Sanity

Total posts: 164
Posted:Thanks for the ideas guys. It'll give me something to do when I usually do poi
Non-Https Image Link
And josh, i love you
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Stone
GOLD Member since Jun 2001

Stream Entrant

Total posts: 2830
Posted:What about pen twirling with a with a glowstick. Coin manipulation might also be worth a try.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Delete

alterego
BRONZE Member since Jul 2001

alterego

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer

Total posts: 222
Posted:Wow, Josh. That made my head hurt
Non-Https Image Link
http://www.myachi.com/Lots of stuff you can do with this with one hand. Plus you can incorporate it with a hacky sack.Love always,Spanky

Delete