Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I recently broke my arm while playing soccer frown so i cant do poi for at least a month. Does anybody know of some kind of twirly type thing that only requires one hand? That way i can at least do something smile

Tikimember
44 posts

Posted:
Two poi in one hand. Or one handed juggling.

1. CAUTION: Knife is very sharp. Keep out of children
2. A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
3. Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi, sorry to here that you broke your arm. I always thought soccer was a bad sport to play, now maby my point is proven!!!You could always try just one poi in your one good arm!! Although two poi in one hand does seem like a better idea.------------------Kymic, Keep smiling :)

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
ermm....that sucks dude but at least this way you'll come back to it and have a whole new style (I did when I was sick for weeks)...I can imagine it would be weird to be able to twirl really well with one arm and the other being weak. Perhaps it will make for some new tricks though!Hope ya get better soon... try visualizing a white light all around your body before you go to sleep at night. Imagine that white light flowing through your entire body, healing lovely warm white stuff. I do this whenever I'm ill.... it seems to work some... and my friend's mate (who burnt most of his face off freddy kruger style) has no scars and perfect complexion cause of ye olde white light visualization technique.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Sorry to hear about your arm. This sounds really weird but I just got back from the airport as my girlfriend is going to egypt for a month and I lent her my poi to practice so no poi for me for a month aswell.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

be excellent to each other: safe:

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Learn to twirl a ball point pen. there are stacks of tricks you can do smileperhaps a staff? (although you dont want to whack your plaster...)I was serious about the pen..https://www.fingerdexterity.com/pentwirling/pen_twirling.htmand!!https://members.iweb.net.au/~kith/juggling/Micro/pencil/pencil_f.htmnow tell me you love me winkJosh[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 16 July 2001).]

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the ideas guys. It'll give me something to do when I usually do poi smileAnd josh, i love you tongue

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
What about pen twirling with a with a glowstick. Coin manipulation might also be worth a try.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh