Forums > Social Chat > Music to spin to, Tell us your favourite music to dance to

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Music to spin to, Tell us your favourite music to dance to

Has anyone ever thought of making a "poiers" music album? A collection of music that's GREAT to poi to? What music would you put on it?

My favourite music..

I'll start it off with 'Bony Incus (the man with no name mix)', by Eat Static. What music would other people put on it?

Happy (rythmical) Swinging,

Tim

Music Music Music

Music to spin to, Tell us your favourite music to dance to

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ros honey, come out of there. No one is going to hurt you.Whilst I noticed that some of Psylentz's choices have been a tad grumpy I was in fact responding to Oh Fortuna by Apotheosis. Which is a techno version of Carmina Burana by Carl Orff.Therefore my suggestions were all tracks that have sweeping orchestral peices in that may also appeal to him.Ultraviolence and Johnny Violent are in fact them same artist. He has a liking for orchestral peices.sandman, no I have not seen that film. It doesn't sound like the kind of film I usually watch. Are there many Muppets in it? Or faeries? Angels perhaps? If not I may not like it.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
For those of you with a taste for shpongle, I've just done a search on www.audiogalaxy.com. They have *14* pages of shpongle. ------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 10 January 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
hey thereim starting ot think im in a minority group when it comes to music choice to spin to..the danciest thing i spin to is apoptygma berzerk and enigma..mostly i really dont like dance music and can only tolerarte certain songs..i like industrial though.. although i cant seem to dance like a rivit head with out looking like a lame chicken (oh wait hold on so do they) i was told i can say this as some of my good friends are rivit heads.i like jimihendrix..i spin to anything that has a beat to it..i like metal. thats my bag baby..leather strip is cool too.AND THAT RAMMSTIEN RE_MIX IS FUNNYonly its not rammstien.. but its still funnyi compleatly endorse a re-mix i have of Closer by nine in nails.. its remix with the theme/themes to super mario bros 3 and its so funny cause it fits..it like good ol trenty was playing nintendo when he wrote the damned thing!*lol*that last bit has nothing to do with spinning..

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Scorcha, Ultraviolence is industrial.See if you can get his version of Paranoid or Johnny Violent's cover of Jump (by Van Halen)

Meh

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
oh yah!i also spin to lots of type o negativeas they use referense to fire alot in there songs to fire = passion passion = peter steel*lol*long live music eh?

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
*crawls from corner, sighing with relief*Cantus - I am quite easily scared owing to my love of fluffy music smile. I therefore have a relatively poor grasp on this thread as I have no idea what or who anything you lot mention is. Also, my tempramental sh!t of a computer refuses point blank to download any music so I can't listen to new tunes unless I buy them frownPHL - have never heard teebee (not suprisingly) you think I'll like it?

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
phl9te....its by dan ds...thats all i have to say...lol.....wheres my pressies.......*smiles sweetly* hehegoafire

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Fluffy like Roni Size, Ros? confused

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
The exception that prooves the rule grinfluffy like Oleander, Morcheeba, 3 Doors Down, Toploader, Satriani (not so fluffy but not the sort of music mentioned on this thread), Bob Dylan.......

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Ranunculusmember
8 posts

Posted:
Hmm, obviously I'm a little behind the times with rave/dance music, I do a lot of single & double staff to TOOL - lot's of quiter bits allowing me to catch my breath. I also rate Fat Boy Slim (esp "Ya Mama"). As for spinning to Bob Dylan... rolleyesAlas, this is all academic at the moment as it is persisting down (must be the cricket season) and practicing inside usually summons the broken glass fairy.

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
Need help! I'm putting together a minidisc of good tunes for spinning to and I'm stuck on 7 tracks atm, so gimmie some inspiration

I can get about 4-5 hours of music on a disc so I need loads of suggestions, here's what I have so far:

ATR - Atari Teenage Riot
Prodigy - Out of Space
Prodigy - Voodoo People
Chemical Brothers - Get up on it like this
ATR - Delete Yourself
ATR - Deutschland
The track that plays at the end of The Matrix (not the Rage one, the other one).

SO anything like that would be cool, in fact any high energy tune or anything with a kickass beat is good. Not just techno stuff, the tune from Punto's movie is perfect too.
Whoever suggests the best track that I haven't heard before gets a free copy of the compilation posted to them.

EDIT: Having listened again some of those ATR tracks are borderline too..

[ 14. February 2003, 21:02: Message edited by: Kev ]

- Honk if you love peace and quiet!

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
I love to spin to Spongle, anything from both thier albums is fantastic!!

UCOF (emergency)member
129 posts

Posted:
dirty beats by roni size
emerge by fisherspooner

they are the best ever tracks to spin to....and dirty beats is a whole new song in itself...wow! cor blimey guv' 'n' all that stuff

erm...this is only a temp account until i get home and get the password to my usual account...sorry (itsa still the same flipping wierdo though)

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
*Prodigy- Mind fields
*Faithless- God is a DJ
*Faithless- Insomnia
*Leftfield- Africa Shocks
*DJ Shadow- Anything off 'Introducing' & 'The Private Press'

I'll try and think of some more over the weekend for you.

Last night i was twirling to The Cartoons- 'Witch Doctor' Something a bit different!!!

* Trippy wanders off singing, Ooo, ee, oo, argh, argh, ting, tang, walla, walla, bing, bang, oo, ee, oo, argh, argh, ting, tang, baaang*
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
Glad to see ppl with an interest in music Thanks for the leads, I will look into all ideas posted here, keep em coming

Sadly, a brief search on Kazaa turned up nothing on Spongle

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
The track that plays at the end of the Matrix soundtrack is Wake Up by RATM, thL¸cond to last is Du Hast by Rammstein.

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Kev:

Sadly, a brief search on Kazaa turned up nothing on Spongle [/QB]
sorry I got the spelling wrong! Try shpongle!

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
Tambo, heheh got it now thnx

NickC, if I remember right the Rage track plays over the final scene and the start of the credits, then the tune I'm thinking of comes in part way through the credits..? Anyway, I have the song, just dunno who its by

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
afro celt sound system, sphongle, king prawn, bob marley.

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
Ok so I'm feeling inspired today, esp. seeing ppl reacting to what was originally just a passing thought. So it got me thinking about making this something bigger, like a compilation put together by HOPpers and pyros from across the world or something, and making it available to anyone who wants a copy. Maybe ppl could send blank CD/MD and a return address? I'd love to just make a copy for everyone but I can't afford the blank discs Sending discs back and forward isn't really very efficient anyway... anyone think of a better way to fund it? I guess ppl in the UK could just send 50p or whatever to cover the cost of a disc. I could do it on CD or minidisc, but you'd need a CD player that can read MP3s or a MD player that can play LP discs.

Sorry if this seems rushed and makes no sense, but like I said I'm feeling inspired so this is just a 'blurt'.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
squaredance by EminEm

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah some pointers I thought of:

- Track names are easier for me than just this group or that artist If I never heard a group before how am I gonna know if a song I hear is one of their best or worst, or indicative of their general style?

- I'm going to include any song that anyone suggests here, the only requirement being that it fits in the mood and theme of the compilation.

- For the kind of mood and theme I'm going for, consider that I love Prodigy, but I put in Out of Space but left out Mindfields. (for non-prodigy fans, Mindfields = dark, introverted mood, Out of Space = bright, upbeat energy.) This doesn't mean I only want happy techno, but I don't want a tune just because it's from a good artist either. It has to fit in.

- Lastly, I don't want ppl to think I'm trying to dictate what music is 'good' music to spin to; I know ppl will listen to whatever they like. Most of the stuff that will be in this compilation will be stuff I personally would rarely listen to in other circumstances. I just felt that it was right for this compilation, and that it should stick to a theme.

Well I hope someone else is inspired too.. I just think it'd be cool to have something that we all contributed to.. if anyone wants to help out let me know

Sorry again for going on.. and on.. when I get on a roll, boy can I ROLL!

-edit-
Could everyone who suggested groups/artists take a second to mention a couple of songs by them that might be good to include, it'd help a lot, thanks
Also if anyone out there is into making their own music I would love to have some of your stuff here too!

[ 15. February 2003, 04:11: Message edited by: Kev ]

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Cornelius - Count 5 or 6
Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
DJ Shadow - High Noon

thats mainly with poi in mind. I'm a bit picky about my poi tunes, but for staff, any old beat'll do really.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
Grove Armada, baby!

Anything off their new album is great. I particularly like "Hands of Time" (or I think that is the name - track 9???)

I love to share music! I would be happy to burn something in trade if you would copy your mix for me. Could send you a CD and even return postage, if needed. Just let me know!

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
OK – need to make an amendment to that…

Grove Armada “Hands of Time” (#8)… follow that up with the tenth track, “Easy”

Hits the spot nice

And I am gonna guess track 3, Ramblin’ Man – Lemon Jelly. But they don’t have any info on the jacket. Just mysterious like that, I guess.

Yep! Track 3. I just turned it on… excuse me if you will - going off to spin, again!

I love Fridays! Hee hee hee…

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
For future reference, please do two things....

1. This belongs in the help or technical section. Even I am not too sure on that one right now (tired...sorry). I am moving it to help, since that is what you are asking for. Next time, please post it in the appropriate place.

2. There is a search function at the top of the page under the post reply/new topic buttons. Use it. If you were to enter in this very topic it would have yielded about 30 or more threads on this very topic, some of this very name. Please feel free to post in old threads to bring them back to the surface where everyone can add to them as well as learn from some of the older cats who are no longer on here.

Normally I would close this thread, I am still contemplating it, but since it is covering a couple topics (the whole mp3 tech stuff), I will leave it open.

*this has been a recording of moderator Pele: she is not currently available as her mind went on break somewhere around 4pm this afternoon. Please leave a message and her mind will get back to you as soon as it can. Thank you*

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FlameDamemember
30 posts

Posted:
Hey,

I like to spin to Groove Armada - Super Stylin' (does have a slow intro though)

Well thats my $300 worth.

Joy

I believe in freedom, love, truth, and beauty.

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
Oops, sorry for reposting old threads! I was gonna search back through the threads anyway but hey, it's good to talk. We could all search for whatever we needed on the net and never have to interact with anyone right?

Kiddamember
60 posts

Posted:
i couldnt decide between these lot ....

Shy fx - original nutta
Klubheads-let the party begin
Urban Shakedown- Some Justice
Underworld- Born Slippy
Underground Resistance- The Seawolf
The Terroist- The Chopper ( might only be good if you've just dropped, so maybe not that one still a top tune though)
Storm- Time to burn (techno remix)
Sneaker Pimps- Spin Spin Sugar (remix)
Roni Size & Olive- You're not alone
Prodigy- Firestarter
There is a killer remix of Presidents of the United states - Peaches (kinda acid techno meets Nicky Blackmarket in a dark alley on a cold night with a bit of cheap tack pop thrown in )
Kosheen- Slip and Slide (suicide)
Josh Wink -higher state of consciousness (one of the many remix's)
Dj Zinc- 6 million ways to die

Non-Https Image Link

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Some good ones I enjoy:

AYLA - Ayla Part I, Ayla Part 2
ATB & York - Fields of Love (Darude vs JS16 mix)
Joga - Dam Dariram (This is a japanese DDR song)
Gouryella - Tenshi
Darude f/ Tammy Marie - Out of Control
Dj Sammy - Boys of Summer

May be a bit techno for ya but is what I dig on and they go GREAT with spinning.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Page: ...