Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > NEW MOVE! ~ Reverse off the glasses

Login/Join to Participate

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Sup peoples!Dont try this one, it hurts. I finally managed to get the BTB weave, at the expense of my eyes and forehead frown.I began on my left, and when I swung over to my right, BLAM! poi in the eye, with glasses as battering ram. Bent the glasses (again). Second time. BLAM! again, same damn spot. Third time, BLAM! in the forehead this time without the glasses (i learned grin). I think I have it down now though, I hope smile. I thought I was going to get a couple shiners, but I lucked out.Peace all------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
at least your efforts were mot in vain..nothing i cannot stand more than finishing practicing POI and having a sore forehead, nose, left nut, and bruises on the inside of my arms and thighs, but not learning the new move i have been attempting for the last 30 minutes...hee hee..good job Shabiki, Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Ahh Who Needs eyes when spinning, Right? Good for you Shibanki! grin It is a hard one to learn! But you have it now. Try to turn into it by weaving forward, turnning left swing your right hand behind your back, followed by your left, and WAL-LA! You are spinning frward weave behind your back! After that try spinning out of it.I know this is a lot, but its something to strive for. something you can put in a show!Good luck,Ski

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
That sounds like a good next goal for me ski, i just got my btb weave reasonably clean, and i can go into it from a backwards weave, so turning into it shouldn't be too far off. I can forsee some pretty awesome combos with that. smile

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Well, I have the btb weave down for the most part. I can do it like 90% of the time pretty good. Sometimes the get going haywire and never fail to hit me square in the face. It actually pissing me off pretty good. (Thoughts of burning my poi in a slow painful death). Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I twist my torso with the weave, and that has cut down a lot on hitting myself, but not enough. Is it just a practice thing? This is my third day of being able to do it... Im going to go try what you said Ski now ski...------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani[This message has been edited by Shibaki (edited 17 May 2001).]

Wow

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Alright. I'm giving myself the goal of learning the BTB weave. smile* I can only do the BTB btfly like 30% of the time so wish me luck. =)Doesn't sound IMPOSSIBLE does it? wink------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-