Galawenmember
45 posts

Posted:
Hey all guess what???I did my first fire Blow!!!!! grin grin grinIt was so intense, frightening, thrilling and everything els all at onceKero tastes oily though tongue(oh well... Have to pay the price for everything)I have a question for any fire breathers out there. (Pele?). How do I make the Blow longer (lengthwise not time). Mine seen to go short and wide.Oh well thats all for tonight folksFlame on...------------------Give Me FuelGive Me FireGive Me That Which I Desire-MetallicA

Give Me FuelGive Me FireGive Me That Which I Desire-MetallicA

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Larger mouthfulls shockedmore force when blowing grinand blow for longer as it will make the flame longer smilepeace out garbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi
[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 16 July 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Good job CF!! It is a great feel.Anyway, short and wide is called a Flash. It's isn't a bad thing and most people who start blowing do that first. Some I know, including me, still work with flashes in tricks. Sounds to me like you pushed all of your ful out at once. Aspirate it more gradually to blow for longer, like garbo said.Also, back away from the fire (not the torch) while you are blowing, this elongates it from your end as well. This can be done by walking backwards, running backwards, dropping on your bum (it has happened grin)Anyway, good luck and remember, take it easy. Blowing isn't something to rush!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey,Just curious...after you have blown fire, what's the best way to get the knarly aftertaste out of your mouth???dank

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
A guy I know swears by Peach Snapple. (May not be available overseas...)He also strongly advises drinking a bunch of cranberry juice, for health reasons. It helps clear out your liver.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
kmactane....the cranberry juice thing is to clean out the bladder it's one of those old farm things that does work (I asked), not the liver..you might want to inform your friend smileIf you want to detoxify your system the best (and most nausiating way) is to mix 1 tsp baking soda with 1 cup (or less) of warm water and down it. Do this every half hour for three hours. You will pee like a race horse and gag like no tomorrow but it works.Usually drinking anything will amplify the taste of the kero and mix it with the taste of the kero. (ask pj about the beer wink)Eat to get the taste out of your mouth AND to help absorb the trace amounts of fuels that get washed down with your spit. Try marshmallows, bread and any other grainy absorbant type things, though marshmallows are the best I have found, they just replace the knarly fel with sugary. The worst is the cotton mouth that sets in a few hours after the breathing and eating, nothing seems to cure that (so I drink gads of water after eating to help flush out the system anyway.)If you accidentally swallow a bit more fuel than you should, don't panic and don't puke!!!! In most pharmacies now they sell charcoal caplets. These help reduce the fuel poisoning symptoms, and sometimes if I know I am going to do alot of blows I take it between my first and second to head the chance off at the past, thought this shouldn't be common practice. I did this when I did over 33 blows in 5 hours and I didn't suffer fuel sickness in the least. Fatigue though is another story!!!I know i answered more than just the get it out of the mouth question but I hope this helps. smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK