Forums > Social Chat > what music do we like..................?

Login/Join to Participate

Shadowblademember
57 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering what music people like, although i am a goth i did do poi to some very tribal music during a BSL march.I am not just asking what music people like to do poi to, but what music we all like listening to when we are not doing poi.You know when your just chilling!any who........ let me know, just for my own peace of mind (what there is left)ThanksShadowblade loves ya

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'm a 16 year old gothic person (sorry...but i find the word 'goth' insultingly stereotypical) from victoria, australia and i like to listen to (when twirling) electronica of all sorts when glo twirling and anything metal or rock with good hard beats when fire spinning. When not twirling or lighting anything on fire i listen to...well...pretty much teh same stuff as whrn twirling! Gothic/hardcore bands such as Cradle of Filth, Spineshank, Nine Inch Nails and sometimes koRn because koRn filles me with angst and then gives me motication to go take out all my rage and anger by twirling till my muscles can't take it anymore. So is there anyone else out there who finds motivation in music coz that is cool and i myself would like to know.L8r everyone:Chotys:

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I listen to jungle, it's fast, but you can spin slowly like every other beat... I listen to jungle otherwise as well, but i can't imagine spinning to nine inch nails or korn. I suppose its cuz I started spinning at parties, in the jungle room mostly.

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
I listen to rock, metal, funk,and rapfave stuff includes, tool, red hot chilli peppers, nine inch nails, incubus. etcill spin mostly to dance but have practiced to eric clapton!! smilephil...............

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Gotta be funky!!I'm in to all 'good' music, but mainly on a hip-hop/ragga/raggae:Jurrasic 5 - Burning Spear - Sizzla - Ugly Duckling ---- but for chilled out Poi-ing check out William Orbit 'Srange Cargo 3' f-ing superb.Enjoy M:-)

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
That's Strange Cargo 3, Doh!

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

plastikgirlmember
41 posts

Posted:
I like to spin to any kinds of music! I've tried drumnbass, acid techno, house, even Prince, Gypsy music, Cirque du Soleil tunes, classic, operas...I think that any kind of music fits to fire twirling. I think that gypsy music was the one that inspired me the most, cause its very easy to dance to it, but I prefer techno and drumnbass to spin. I think the beat fits the rhythm of the poi perfectly.p.l.u.r., people

Lady bug lady bug, fly away home. Your house is on fire, and your children will burn! Ashes, ashes, all fall down!!

BECKYmember

Posted:
IVE JUST RECENTLY DISCOVERED THE JOYS OF SWINGING TO HOUSE MUSIC AT A PARTY..KNACKERS YOU OUT THOUGH. USUALY I DANCE TO MUSIC IN MY HEAD, BONGOS OR SOMETHING LIKE KYUSS OR TOOL. WHEN IM NOT SWINGING I LIKE THOSE TO BUT NOT REALLY DANCE MUSIC AND ANYTHING FROM AIR, BJORK, JIMI, PINKFLOYD, JOHN FRUSCANTI TO SLAYER, SEPULTURA, MR BUNGLE, MONSTER MAGNET, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE AND THE TIGGER LILLIES...ANYTHING GOOD AND ODD REALLY. XXX

GlowJedimember
13 posts

Posted:
Trance is the way to go. A little bit of PvD, Oakenfold, or BT. However, this is only touching the surface. Last night I just threw down with some good old Tool. All you need is a beat that gets you moving.

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
becky you have great musical taste Mr. bungle is well cool...

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

Neodolatelnamember
12 posts

Posted:
I listen to a few goth bands, ebm, industrial, alternative, rap, house, trance, i am going through a psych/goa trance and tribal music phase right now .I like spinning to psych and goa trance, and I would like to try spinning to industrial. So I'm looking for good drum music. I've bought a couple of drum cd's but they're pretty slow. I'm looking for a cd where there's a big variety of drums, other percussion instruments, and the song builds up to a climax... know what i'm talking about? Anyway, if anyone knows of a good cd to check out, i'd love to know about it! smile