s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I had a very full-on day with more than a year's worth of emotion packed into it (incredible story). So I was also feeling very hmm..drained and numb I guess. And very very scattered. And I was twirling away when it got dark and tried an excellent btb butterfly to backwards weave.I pulled it off *YAY* but then realised the loose threads on my cut-offs had decided to become fire food. I didn't realise I was actually on fire till at least 20 seconds later when I thought I was feeling a tad warm behind my knee. Danger was averted when I simply put the poi down and patted it out (yay for cotton). And later I let a chain go flying too (rare for me.)I also wasn't wearing my lucky head wrap. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But a scattered mindset is certainly not best for anything I guess. If playing with fire, your pants are getting warmer and its actually cold outside - you're on fire damnit!

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Or you've peed your pants cause it's too damn thrilling! Not that I would know...It's easy for me to know when I have let the flame get to close because of the smell of singed arm hair - cheap and fun way to get rid of unwanted body hair, maybe I could get a job working in a beauty parlor swinging poi over women's legs.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I like all my body hair - although singes do smell bad and I don't have any hairs on my fingers for a lot of the time.hahah...see how long it takes the woman to realise fire is just going way *too* far before she leaps up out of the 'waxing' chair and flies through the door. (After paying you a standard $200 for a 'fire-wax').

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King