Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > need new move for double staffs- got any??

Login/Join to Participate

Mezmember
1 post

Posted:
I twirl double staffs, and i love it but i am finding it hard to find new moves, i can do 5 different moves that look good (i don´t what there called so i can´t tell you) but i need more!! If you know any please let me know as i´m stuck!!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
As i dont know what your five moves are, i shall assume they include the forward / backward butterfly, forward and backward figure 8's (alternating and simultaneous) - do this with extra spins also. Try the basic chase (from poi) but with double staff, looks really cool. Try horisontal spins, both hands same direction and different direction. Combine these, add turns and come up with your own combos...Ben

Mezmember
1 post

Posted:
Thank you Ben for your tips. All the moves you mentioned but the horizontal moves I can do. I have a problem with the horizontal moves as my staffs are 4ft so the wicks come a little too close for comfort. Was it you that left a message on this site mentioning that you were going to be in Europe soon? If so, i´m traveling around there at the moment, so it would be cool to link up. I also do pois and one staff, the exchange of new moves is always fun. take care Mez

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Mez,Yes I am heading for Europe tomorrow!!!First stop Dublin... Where are you ??Other move ideas - throws and crosses...?Ben

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
i do a windmill-type move that looks pretty sweet. basically it's alternating double-eights infront and behind your head. there are also some cool things you can do with body spins.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit