Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Backward Weave Behind the back? And Turn?

Login/Join to Participate

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
OK I have the forward weave behind the back. You start off by going backwards split spin at your sides, Cross behind your back and stard forward weave behind the back. Now I don't know how to do the backwards weave behind the back, I have looked at Jo's "Behind the Back Reverse Weave and Turn" But he doesn't discribe it at all. I want to beable to do the 5 beat, behind the back weave!! mad Does anyone out there have any ideas?(Other than just practic it)SkiChristian

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

strmseekrmember
6 posts

Posted:
hey - I was just working on the behind the back reverse weave, and it's not too bad- I actually posted this same topic on the general discussion board because I was having a heck of a time with it, but if you just imagine the weave positioned behind your back, it suddenly makes sense. Take a look at that message board- it may help.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Thanks, I do have the behind the back forward weave. I now need help with the backwards behind the back weave. I whan't to do a 5 beat behind the back weave!

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!