Page:
N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I saw a kid do this at a rave I went to last weekend. It was mind blowing. its like a varriation of the weave, short strings, with glowsticks.The kid swings both sticks on the left side of his body for one rotation then another rotaion on the inside of his arms, then a rotaion on the rights side of his body- back to the middle, left, middle, right, etc. But here's the thing. the strings were staggerd 180 degrees. it looked like this beautiful tunnel of light. WOW. Then (as if that wasn't cool enough) he throws them above his head into a windmill and then does this rolling tunnel of light thing behind his back!!! (N8 looks on bug-eyed) Truly the most impressive looking move i have ever seen- But I tried it and it goesn't seem possible! Anyone know what I'm talking about?ps. just a side note smile I learned how to do the corkscrew with only one hand last night. Ah- the euphoria of learning new moves...------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
holy shit, iv been doing that same moove since november 2000. i call it the "in and out". the longest i can do it with is with strings a little shorter than the length of my arm. the basic move is done with a 3 beat weave, but can also be dont with the 4 beat. this looks amaizing becuase it almost looks liek the spins are roling form one side across your chest to the other. damn i should really start posting more of the stuff that i do on this board

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
hey all, i've been doing that move too, the "in and out." i see its finally hit the bulletin boards. it's a lot of fun, and its a fairly simple way of making your weaves look extra fancy smile i also do the vertical one that someone earlier mentioned, i call it the inside spiral. its one of the most difficult moves i know, and you have to use relatively short strings. but it looks extremely nice when executed smoothly and correctly. who knows, maybe i'll make a video with both those moves so you all can see what its like.Hapes-Nova, excited glowsticker

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
sup fellow ninja's!!! ya, i think i know a similar version of dis move! hey, it might even be what the kid did! it's very similar to the weave only easier! all you do is like a simple crossover only at different intervals. it's like doing the weave only both strings don't stay at one side for two rotations. you keep one hand on top (ex. right) and just keep crossing um. i call it the one beat weave! then once u bring it to say the left just bring it to the inside at different intrevals and then to the other side. Hope dis helps someone!!! ps. just a side note...i think it may be right b/c someone said b4 that he was a kid that could only do one or two moves and i'm pretty much a newbie too, and i'm only 15, so my mind is still thinkn' sort of small towards tricks, prob like his was, but my archive is massive!!! Men have died from time to time, and worms have eaten them. But not for love! But above all, let music be the food of love,Play ON!

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I decided to bump this while doing a search for TTN stuff. I usually am so excited or passionate about something that I start my own thread, but this one had a lot of good info in it, and I think I have something to add to it.I do something like this, but I am not sure if it is the same thing. I constantly transition, and one of the things I do to spice up the "club tricks" that I do, is turn the weaves in and out from between my arms. Essentially forward and reverse burn-the nose/buzzsaw/(clarification please???) thrown at random throughout weaves and windmills. And every once in a while, hold it and sway backwards for effect.I also have a B-fly versin of this that I learned while experimenting with B-fly turns. If you go from, let's say, a forward BF on your left hand side, to a reverse on the right, drop one beat in between your arms on the way. It makes a tunnel of butterflies. Then try it split-time, and people turn their heads away every time the poi turn inside because it looks like they are going to chomp down on your skull! shocked------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Sweet little BF trick, very sweet.*Holy-return-super-old-post-batman!* grin

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Yeah, for all the points I call, I still know how to do it by the book and research something. So I am not a hipocrite. YAY! grin------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---[This message has been edited by glowshow (edited 28 February 2002).]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
mmm, the butterfly version of this move is very very nice looking, esp. if you dont know what youre seeing and its hard to tell whats happening... like when people see the butterfly for the first time and question "are they bouncing off of each other?" and then dont beleive me when i say they arent...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Could somebody outline what exactly goes into a inside nose breaker? kind of curious, the name sounds soo inviting smile------------------Ambiguous

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
The buzzsaw (nose breaker) is... DEATH!!! no really... it's only a fowards/backwards swing inside your arms. Make sure to shorten your strings!!!!!!!!! winkHappy pain!Kinudin grin grin[This message has been edited by Kinudin (edited 03 March 2002).]

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Inside you arms eh? hmmm, sounds risky, hence my urge to try smile thanks!------------------Ambiguous

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I've tried to get the nosebreaker ever since I found out what it was, but I can't get it to flow...for as simple as it sounds I think I might just be doing the entirely wrong thing. Are are there any instances of it in any of the videos on vid page?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Nosebreaker: both poi moving inside your arms in the same direction, same speed.Two flaming/glowing balls coming at your face at the same time! (watch the facial hair, I have singed my eyelashes and eyebrows everytime I do this! But then, I bring it really close to my face! wink)Buzzsaw: Nose breaker in split time, with speed it looks like a round saw blade, hence the name. Both of these can be done in alternate directions. Other variations are to move the poi in and out of your forwardly extended arms, crossing over your arms, etc...Much fun to be had...and yes, practice with something very soft and short to start! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Page: