Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > spinning same direction one side or above head continous

Login/Join to Participate

emokeBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
like in the jo derry video on the videos page where hes spinnning them and it looks like their above his head forever, or like the first video called glowstix where she has them above her head and shes spinning them above her head for a while looks like ahelicopter not the butterfly , same direcftions can you help me out im on my 2nd week

emoke mongoun

hafsha1member
35 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I asked this same question (a little differently) in a post that is 2 before this one. I am really dying to know how to do this move too; it looks so phat and has so many possiblities. Someone please help.~H~[This message has been edited by hafsha1 (edited 09 April 2001).]

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
i dont know what the vids look like but have you tries the butterfly, a horizontal weave (5 beat) or there is a good over the head bit in the most recent poi vid to bombs over bagdad and in that it looks like split time butterflt but it makes a kinda orb that looks really cool... good luck

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
do a quadruple corkscrew and every time you turn 360 degrees when poi are in the above head position it does 2 extra beatsthis is how i get an 8 beat corkscrew above my head

emokeBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
thats what i thought it was but not sure so how do i do a corkscrew explained a lil different then on this site the 4 beat to start with i can get the 360 turn after i learn that its just confusing to me the corkscrew that is 4 beat thanks for the help and does anyone have icq im on alot and its faster 64411352 ps i learned a weave to arm wrap back to weave move today its nice

emoke mongoun