Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Ok how abou this...does it have a name??

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i did this last night at a club..The best way i can think to explain what this looks like is...1/2 of a forward giant butterfly in split time...sort of.while swinging forward in split time, i bring the poi out in front so that they are parallel to my chest. My left arm stays at waist level while my right arm goes out straight (giant butterfly motion)and goes over the top of my left arm, then they alternate..Its like a small circlewith a large one on the outside travelling in the opposite direction..the poi are moving quite slowly. If i dont itme it right, i bash the hell outta my knuckle &/or forearm that staying at waist level..Can anyone see it?? I did it playing with the "thread the needle".. people tell me it looks pretty cool."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
I know the move you mean superman. Not sure if it has a name, it does look great. smile

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Hey there Superman,I see it, but Im a little confused confused I have done something a bit like it but it goes like this: (Its cind of like an alternet butterfly over your head but you streach your arms.)You start off in the forward butterfly, Then with your right arm first, you do a BIG Streach out over your head, and back into the butterfly (The Orbit or the Moon Orbit). You can then start the other arm after a few rotations of just the right arm. (so right, right, left, right, left(alternetbutterfly)), you can then bring it all into a tight Mexican wave. It looks good and its easy!:P

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

yabyumBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
It sounds like you're doing "thread the needle." At least that's what the peeps I hang around with call it. It took me a long time to get that move, but it looks really cool.luv all peeps,Chris aka. Yab-Yum

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Hey Ski....thats it!! but when i do the regular BF after the giant with my right arm, the left is going into the giant one.Essentially, one arm is doing a giant butterfly, while the other is doing a regular BF back and forth..Its not a Thread the Needle, I did this move attempting to learn "TTN"...Moon orbit variation huh?, pretty cool.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain