Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > pretty lameass question but...

Login/Join to Participate

xesmember
5 posts

Posted:
whatr wraps?!? i know a lot of trick but dont know the terminology that good... so.. what is it?tnx

xesmember
5 posts

Posted:
oh, ok, i know, im an idiot grin!nmbut.. while we're on the subject, what is cartwheel?

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i asked the wrap question about a week ago, but found out i had been doing them. Wraps are where you let the chain/string wrap around a limb such as a leg or arm resulting in the POI changing direction.A cartwheel?? A cartwheel is an amphibious creature form the planet Arturous. It looks sort of like a hippo, just with feathers...Glad i could help.Keep spinning.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

De_Fragmember
26 posts

Posted:
Heh...While I really liked Superman's cartwheel answer, I'll give you something more useful...I'm sure you've seen one before. It's simply going from standing, to a handstand, back to standing...Typically (but certainly NOT necessarily)sideways, hands and legs spread, like a big wheel.It can be done using both hands, one hand, or NO hands in the handstand part!

rw

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
oh yeah....then theres that... grin------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
*tee hee* smile