Sharkmember
5 posts

Posted:
I can do the weave forwards and backwards and spin around in circles doing it but I cant get the 4 beat weave.Anybody got any tips or help for me learning this move?

kayakingmember
6 posts

Posted:
what's a beat?

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
shark,take your hands and do thisleft wrist is wrapped over the right, fingers pointed down and to the left,Right palm and wrist facing body,fingers pointed to the rightDo that on your left side. After the "over" beat of your right hand in the weave on the left side, wrap your wrists in the way stated above and pull across the body. unwrap on the right side, rinse and repeat.Essentally, this is an inertia move, the strings do all the work.Hope this helps (provided you haven't gotten it already)Happy spinningN8

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

hafsha1member
35 posts

Posted:
Yeah,I remember learning this move, what helped me was thinkng about which hand would lead over to the other side. Like when going from your left to your right, really think about whipping that right hand over to your left. Also, think about which hand will be going on the inside. Like when you go from your left to your right and your right hand isleading pay attention to making it pass on the inside. Maybe that helps. Stick it out, it's not that easy a move to learn.

Christophermember
4 posts

Posted:
You guys are doing a great job explaining the 5 beat weave but I just can't get it. Does anyone have a video with a clear shot of the hand movements. (Slo-motion if possible) Thanks Guys. Chris[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited 23 April 2001).]

Thanks,Christopher

Techno_Kiddomember
2 posts

Posted:
Do the strings wrap around each other then upwrap?

Happiness is just... a pill?

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
Bringing this topic back from a Loooong time ago so I don't get chewed out for not searching..

I really need help with the 4/5 beat weave PLEASE!!!!!!!

Reply here or drop me an e-mail, whatever you want to do!

I can't seem to get the concept of it