SsJ KaKaRoTtOmember
26 posts

Posted:
hey, ive got a little problem w/ my butterfly.when i start to go into it, 'n' i bring my hands 2gether, when the poi reach the bottom of their circle, they collide. why is that?help!!!!! The TRUE Super Saiyajin, SsJ KaKaRoTtO

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Probably because you are being too perfect. Seriously. Keep one hand above and slightly behind the other, so they are in different planes. Alter your rhythm so they aren't in perfect time with each other.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
quote:
Alter your rhythm so they aren't in perfect time with each other.
i see said the blind man...to his deaf wife.I was having the same problem, but my hands were staggard, and palms up. Bu ti was trying to make them pass each other at the same time top and bottom...makes sense..------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Really adam? I knew about the different planes thing [from the side it looks like the 2 poi are forming a skinny X], but the timing? Don't you sorta loose that butterfly/flapping visual if you untime them? After figuring out that they make an X i was fine, I do what supa'man does and put knuckle to knuckle and thumb to thumb during my butterflys, and just do my beats with'm together, and i've stopped hitting myself.I'm still a bit paranoid sometimes though so i tilt my head down wink instinct i guess lol

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
The timing thing is something to try if you are having trouble. I find it helps me with BTB butterflies, where I can't judge the planes so well.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I think that the timing thing is a learning crutch. It helps you to learn how to perfect the move, but once you have perfected the move, I dont think you need it anymore smile Josh

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
yes if they keep hitting then i would say something in your timing of it.. i find it may be easy to do a move but to keep it going is another thing, although once you get this one all you'll need to do is bounce your hands literally upa nd down to keep it going. i have no idea how i got this move it just happened after i practiced it for a few days =) oh yeah it helps if you break it up too i find... it may be easier to do giant butterflies and see how it works on a large scale and then try the smaller one.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
hehehehe... when i first started doing poi i nearly had myself convinced that the butterfly was impossible, because i didnt realise they were in different planes etc.It's amazing, i have only been doing poi for a month or maybe 2, but when i think back on it is seems like years

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Definitely different planes. Hey Malcom, add that into the lessons for the butterfly. Cuz' you only have it from the front view. If you showed it from the side too, people could see how they're in different planes. ------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff