• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Here's the move...plus some wraps..Video..check it out.

Login/Join to Participate

Superman
BRONZE Member since Mar 2001

Superman

Total posts: 829
Posted:Th efinishing move that i was trying to explain is in this video about half way through...it has a slight variation but it is basicaly the same.Plus i have to learn these wraps..A whole new door just opened up...wow!it takes a while to DL but its cool.http://www.theglasslab.com/bigvids/Its under Glostick demonstration at the bottom of the page..PeaceSuper'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Delete Topic

adamrice

adamrice

poo-bah

Total posts: 1015
Posted:Ahem, yes, pretty big. 39 megabytes big. Those of you with connections that aren't very fast should not attempt. Perhaps the file could do with a little compressing. It also will not play properly on a Mac.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Delete

TaiGuy

Total posts: 127
Posted:Yea supa'man, i know what you mean. I recently got all the wraps that james did in the video. Basically, if you can do a wrap that serves as a transition from one move to another, you can go back just by reversing the wrap, looks pretty neat.------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

Delete

Heph
GOLD Member since Dec 2000

Heph

Total posts: 79
Posted:I've tried to get that movie on the cpu's here at school over 4 times now(different computers) and i STILL can't get it? does anyone know what the deal is? i download it(that only takes a few minutes), but when it plays the little quicktime bar at the bottom starts crawling to the right(as if the video was playing), but there is no picture, just a big white screen....anyone? i've never had problems w/ quicktime movies before....heph

Delete

adamrice

adamrice

poo-bah

Posted:Quicktime will attempt to play it, but can't, because it uses a fairly new Windows-only encoding.

Delete

TaiGuy

Posted:Ya Need the DivX codec, which you can find at various sites, the one i go to the most iswww.divx-digest.com good vids!------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

Delete

adamrice

adamrice

poo-bah

Posted:Hah. Learn something new every day. Now it works.

Delete

spiffspiff

Total posts: 52
Posted:whats the name of the song playing in that video?

Delete

TaiGuy

Posted:For which vid spiff spiff?the glowstix track is Alice DeeJay - Better Off Aloneand the photons tracks isSarina Paris - Look at us Now [James' got the the bass turned wayyyyy up though
Non-Https Image Link
]------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

Delete

Superman

Superman

Posted:is Better Off Alone considered old school now?i never hear it in the clubs anymore...I personally think Club music and techno was better about 4- months ago.------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

Delete

spiffspiff

Posted:What are some other good techno/rave songs. I think they are good to poi to.

Delete

Posted:Hallucinogen: Angelic Particles.best ever Trance track...Josh

Delete

Superman

Superman

Posted:Hyperia 4...the one that starts off"On the 1st day God created the earth"phat beat to swing to."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

Delete

Shibaki

enthusiast

Total posts: 309
Posted:Id recommend:Halcyon & On & On by... Orbital?! (or is it Orb, I always forget...)Take My Love ~ Kromozone ProjectChildren ~ Robert Miles, this is the bomb!Anything by LTJ Bukem except anything of his Journey Inwards he just put out, which is more downtempo.

Wow

Delete

spiffspiff

Posted:Got any more songs? I loved angelic particles...more stuff like that would be great

Delete

Posted:Well - anything by Hallucinogen is really good...If you like that layered sound;You might like Pleidians, Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection, Doof, Juno Reactor, stuff off of early TIP comps...For a more minimal sound get Cable Enable from AtmosThese are the things I recommend to ppl just getting into Psy-trance...still whacked out compared with 'normal' music, but more accessible than some of the really really out there sounds
Non-Https Image Link
Josh

Delete

LiquidNinja

Total posts: 11
Posted:YO, if you want some good trance, get stuff by... Paul Oakenfold, Sasha & Digweed, Dave Seaman, and Robert Miles. If you like pop kind of trance, get Fragma.---- LiquidNinja ----

Delete