Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Is this different form a corkscrew??

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I learned how to do the corkscrew with glowsticks on short strings. Strings are no more than 6 inches long, plus the length of the glowsticks.I was looking at the video of a corkscrew on the web page and the motion is basically the same,.. https://www.homeofpoi.com/new6.htm..but
my wrists are almost touching. Plus i keep both strings in front of me with my arms straight out. The Path is the same just alot tighter forming a figure eight. I am assuming this doesnt get done too often with traditional POI, bieng the are usually on fire. I do the windmill motion also with the short strings... https://www.homeofpoi.com/new8.htm..where
they alternate in front and behind my head forming two cirlces.I do corkscrews with long strings the same way. they are almost chasing each other..and looks different. Forgive my ignorance because i am new to the names of these moves, but is this just considered a variation? or is there a separate name?thanks peepsdrew------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
You've got it right, Super-hombre. Same thing, just a variation. Variations are good--they give each of us a style.When you come right down to it, there are two basic motions in twirling: the circle and the figure-8. Everything is combinations of the two, with different hand positions, different phases, different planes relative to your body. (Just watch, someone will point out "but what about Move X?".)

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Yea, i know what you're talking about superman. the corkscrew that's described in the lessons here are big arched thingys with the hands moving away from each other. I do the small corkscrew/figure 8 you're talking about with glowstix and that's always fun, it one of the only moves where you can see everything that's going on wink. I also do the big corkscrew just not the same way they describe it here, i keep my hands together just like in the small figure 8. It looks more like a horizontal windmill that way, but w/e------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
quote:
It looks more like a horizontal windmill that way, but w/e------------------
exactly...io like it better that way.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain