adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Ok, many of you probably know the move where you plant your feet facing North, rotate your body above the waist to face East, do a forward weave in that direction and then do a turn above the waist to face West into a reverse weave. I'm not sure what that's called, but let's call it the 180° static turning weave.I was playing with that today and realized it's not hard to do a 270° static turning weave:Start off with your feet facing N and your body facing N. Do a forward weave. As the chains come back on your left, rotate your body left as well, and bring your arms farther around into a reverse weave that's mostly behind your body. Then work your way forward, across to your right, and repeat on the right side. It's easier to do than to describe (what moves aren't?).I can do this just barely pivoting on the balls of my feet; I'm sure more flexible people could do it with their feet perfectly still. Anyhow, it looks cool, and it isn't particularly hard. It may be old-hat to some of you, but I thought I'd mention it.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Yeah thats a good one Adam...I think a lot of ppl forget they can get a full 270 out of it...Thanks for reminding me smileJosh

Lazerousmember
17 posts

Posted:
this move can be turned into quite a nasty combo.. ive tried doing 360 which is really easy once you get the basic motion down. from there i did 360 and then went the other way which makes you alittle dizzy if you do it fast enough but it looks great from what i hear. the last combo i tried was spinning 360 while changing back and forth between a weave in front of me and a weave behind my head.. its hard at first and makes for a nice wacking upon the head. i can do it somewhat consistantly right now.. but lemme tell you from what my friends say even with the occasional mess up it looks really cool when you time the transitions right.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Laz--can you explain how to get the full 360°? Inquiring minds want to know.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Yeah Laz,I'd like to know how you do it too...I wonder if you are talking about just turning your body around? cuz thats not what we are talking about...Josh

Matt Hippymember
7 posts

Posted:
I think I can shed some light on this. If he is talking about what I think he is. It is weave from forwards to backwards without moving your feet you can pull the weave right behind your body on each side. You need to be incredibly flexible and preferebly have done loads of warm ups or some yoga. You can really pull yur side muscles doing this. Give me a few days to work out the exact right words to describe it and I will try and remember to post it.

Lazerousmember
17 posts

Posted:
sorry it took so long to reply, at first i was talking about spinning my entire body, but since i opened my big mouth and said that i could do it, i had to figure out how to do it. ok here is the best solution that ive come up with so far. you can do this by turning your torso or not, i dont turn my torso but i think you can prally learn it easier if you do. here is how i stumbled onto this. I absolutely can not do a BTB weave yet. it made me so mad one day that i got into probably the fastest weave combo session in front of me that ive ever been in. when trying to transition from my left side into a corkscrew i accidentally(dont ask me how) got the poi behind my head and started a weave behind my head. well much practice and many asprine later(hence the long wait between posts) i figured out that a weave heald high in front of the head isnt much different from a weave behind the head. when doing a fountain in front of me it is the exact same motion as behind me, or so my friends say. so instead of throwing in some massive jo derry style awesome move that would prally end up killing me, i just weave high and continue the fountain behind my head. all you really have to do is a windmill behind your head to finish the cycle. 90 on the right, 90 in front, 90 on the left, 90 behind, then start all over.or forward weave, windmill, reverse weave, windmill, return back to the forward weave again. the way that ive been doing it kinda ends up looking like you've got a very steep umbrella over your head.hope this appeases the masses and i can remove my foot from my mouth now. if not gimme a yell and ill try and find a new way to do this.

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
no way i figured that same move out about 3 weeks ago and was trying to think of a name for it so i could talk about it on this forum. kinda wierd when u think about. 270 static weave good name[This message has been edited by emptyset (edited 15 March 2001).]

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Ouch!I was sitting at my desk (at work) trying to work out whether I could do this move when I remembered that my brand spanking new beaming poi were in my bag.Note to self.....Just because you're pretty sure you can do a move with fire poi does not mean that you will be able to do it with beaming poi frown The moral to this story?Do not try moves that you are not 100% comfortable with with beaming poi - unless you are prepared to cop a beating! Tomorrow I will have bruises!I'm heading home to try this with my trusty fire poi. thanks for the inspiration. smile

Lazerousmember
17 posts

Posted:
hehe.. remember that statement about many asprine later, that did apply. even with tennisball practice poi i WHACKED myself pretty good quite a bit trying to get this one to work.. i was practicing today and tried this move some more and still whacked myself. this move needs to come with the disclaimer: wear headgear and keep pain killers close at all times.becareful all. good luck with this one