Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Reverse buttterfly from forward swinging

Login/Join to Participate

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I may just be repeating the obvious here, but just this afternoon i realised that you can go straight into a reverse butterfly from forward swinging by sort of crossing your hands and then doing the butterfly movement.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
yeap smile - you can do that - it's an easy move but not a lot of people do it i think; it's more difficult to think about it in the first place than do it...the way i do it is not by crossing my hands though - i think it's easier to do it by turning your wrists outwards (just put your elbows up smile) for a moment and the poi start swinging in the plane in front of you - by just bringing your hands together you are doing the reverse butterfly...you can do it without deadbeats in between...happy swinging,Simos

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
You can also get to into the reverse butterfly from the forwards butterfly. You just do a 180 degree turn (so you're facing the opposite direction). Your poi will automatically go into the reverse butterfly. smile

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Yeah, i noticed that. Im trying to do it in a circle, but my poi catch sometimes for reasons unbeknownst to me.