FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
hmm unsure of the spelling but we used to do them horse riding.Found an interesting move involving 2 people on the "moves sent in by visitors" passing butterfly sorta thing. Just wondering if anyone else has any moves involving more than one person for poi......make the show more interactive

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
You know...I could've sworn that there was a thread about this around here somewhere, I just can't seem to find it.Yes, you can pass them off to a person. There is also wraps that you can do around another person's body.Prome and I do what we now affectionately call a "Hug". We stand literally nose to nose, he swings his staff (but this could be poi) over our heads and I swing behind his back. I alternate behind his back and behind my back..which is essentially the low wave and butterfly moves, just blind and stretching your arms out more. His feet are shoulder width apart so I drop to my knees and lean on my back doing the butterfly over my chest and he used to do a kick spin over my body but we have since changed that to a dive roll over me and my poi so it looks like a fire sandwich for a momment. We also do back presses, standing back to back press against each other and lower yourself in unison to the floor...then back up again. It is really impressive if you can time your moves just right to mirror each other.We also play a variation of the mirror game..he does and I follow, etc. The possiblities are endless with a bit of imagination and **alot** of trust.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
*sigh* i have so far to go and so much to learn smileThanx Pere, i think i shall start practising and convincing Finn she doesnt have to worry about my poi swinging wildly around her head area smile

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Frenzie,LOL.... I'm game wink

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
Frenzie: that would be pas de deux - We use the same terminology in ballet! (I swear I had the only ballet teacher in America who insisted that we know how to SPELL what we were doing...)And here's the link to the old "moves for multiple people" thread: https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000060.html

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
woohoo, well i was close.A few friends and i used to do them in dressage, always fun having a partner in crime smile

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
thanx for the link smile