adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Not sure if this really qualifies as a new move--it's really more like a variant on an existing move:After I got reasonably comfortable with the 5-beat weave, I realized I could change directions (both my facing and the rotation of the chains relative to me) by following the wicks with my body as I whipped them across myself. Then I realized I could continue turning in place as long as I kept following. On the downstroke, as you whip your lead hand across your body in the direction you want to turn, just follow it with your body. When your hands are moving the opposite way, don't turn. I can do about 4 complete rotations before I get dizzy now.I've decided to dub this the "thresher pirouette" (unless someone else already has a name for it). I've seen one other twirler who I think was doing this move, but I'm not exactly sure what she was doing.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
yes i also do this some timesnow try it with the reverse 5 beat weave (looks a little better but takes more practice)[This message has been edited by Jeff Duncan (edited 10 January 2001).]

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
if i get it right you are describing the 'circular weave' adam - really cool move and i agree with Jeff, try the 5 beat version (you need to be able to do 5-beat weave both forwards and in reverse) - it looks really cool when the poi doesn't land on your head grinhappy swingingsimos

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Jeff--Unless I am missing something, the move that I am doing alternates between forward and reverse weaves.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Is what you're desribing: Change (by turning round) from a foward weave to a reverse one, and then turn again into the forward one, and keeping repeating that? So that you sort of spin on the spot going forward, backward, forward, backward and so on? Tim /|\

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
sorry my post is a bit screwygo around in a circle switching between forward and reversenow try it with the 5 beat forward/reversehappy swinging.

Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
I have been doingthat with a normal weave for some time, and have just tried it with a 5 beat weave, and nearly knocked myself out! smile Oh well, try again......Happy (and less painful) swinging, Tim /|\

moonglowBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
one thing I like about the weave is that you can move it around a lot (height wise). I often do it straight above my head at full arm length. Last night I tried doing the circular weave around over my head - tis slightly different, and works easier I found starting from the reverse weave - not sure what it looks like yet (didnt have an audience smile but its kinda fun smilecyas

I wish I could jump like that, he thought. Some can and some can't. That's how it is.
Winne-the-Pooh.

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
try this onedo the 3 beat weave and slowly bring it up and behind your head at shoulder level.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
I think you are describing a 5 beat circular chase, but thresher piroet (crap at spelling) is easier to say, if a little criptic.For all you bendy ones out there, it is possible to perform a 5 beat behind the back chase, so a feasable move (I can't do it quite yet...) is a 5 beat circular behind the back chase. Now there's a mouthful!Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!