Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
ok this was the first move i created (knowing only like 5 moves) so it is very easy but alot of people say it looks very cool. my friends and i call it the "dark monkey" (because i came up with it in the dark and you look like a monkey) winkyour right poi swings behind your head (going from left shoulder to below the neck to right ribs)your left poi swings accross your stomache (left to right) then curves up and returns to the left side across your chestnow switch arm motionsthere presto looks very cool!!!!for those a bit better: when you master that try to do this for a real nice effect shocked- 3 beat weave left side- 3 beat weave right side- dark monkey (each hand does both motions once)- repeat

moonglowBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
what you're describing sounds kinda like the windmill? or perhaps the mexican wave? I guess it depends how you get into it .. if its the windmill than alternating it with the weave gives you what the fire poi and chains site calls the fountain - https://www.geocities.com/Baja/Outback/3100/..
or am I just getting the wrong movements in my head? .. ok ok maybe I should just go outside and try .. but it feels similar ..cyaDean

I wish I could jump like that, he thought. Some can and some can't. That's how it is.
Winne-the-Pooh.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Jeff, i am trying to visualize 'dark monkey' too but unfortunately i am not too good on understanding move descriptions sometimes - i get the part for the right hand (behind the back) but what is the left hand doing exactly - is it rotating in a vertical or a horizontal plane? like Dean i thought it is mexican wave or windmill but i get the feeling there's more to it...happy swinging,Simos

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
the right hand is doing a "behind the head butterfly" (1 rotation)the left hand is doing the "low wave" at about stomache level and turns up to chest levelthen they switch(hope this helps a bit and no its not the "fountain" which does the weave then the behind the back part of chase the sun)[This message has been edited by Jeff Duncan (edited 10 January 2001).]

moonglowBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
mm I thought the fountain was a weave mixed with the alternate butterfly .. I havent tried that one with the chase the sun .. seems worth a crack though smilewhen I do what I think is the alternate butterfly/mexican wave - it has that monkey waving their arms over their head look .. so I thought that was what you meant ..you had any luck with it simos ?

I wish I could jump like that, he thought. Some can and some can't. That's how it is.
Winne-the-Pooh.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Dean...no i am not sure i understood what i am supposed to do, i am travelling on Fri so there are too many things to do now - i will however give it a try when i go to the UK and i'll let you know then - funny enough i thought the fountain was a weave + windmill combo; i think at the end of the day it doesn't matter much (at least for me) with combo moves since depending on my mood i mix moves accordingly - eg i might be doing the weave and turning around and throw in stuff like windmills or chase the sun etc so i guess whether i call it fountain or not it's the same thing - on the other hand dark monkey sounds something different so i'll sort it out at some point soon grinhappy swinging,Simos

ReddevilBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
HAHA i do this one aswell, its basically an alternating butterfly at waist level with a behind the head butterfly in split time, im not sure how it looks, but i like doing it, though i didnt combine it with anything yet.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
This has nothing to do ith your move but more of your monkey smile When I did glowstick dancing at a rave I called the style drunken monkey :P However it involes hitting yourself alot and really hard had so many glowstick shaped welts at the end of the night.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC