Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > someone mentioned easy moves

Login/Join to Participate

ALIBABAmember
52 posts

Posted:
firstly the 360 weave.after you can change from forwards to backwards weave on either side you can just spin round. the faster you get the further the poi get from you and you get a different shape. you can also throw in over the head stuff too. looks real good but dont go too long or too fast as you get dizzy.also another one. doing forward butterfly with hands toegehter, get the poi out of sync (lean forward) and one poi should be spinning over the top and the other round and round(kinda like what i think of an atom but then i never was good at chemistry). if you push the out of sync further, you can get a completly different rotation again which feels dead weird.coming from club spinning move. if you do a slow weave on your right and bring the poi to the left, the left hand goes fully extended in a big circle while the right hand is at hip level and going at the same speed as the left hand and sort of falling in sync, the hands then change position to complete the move.------------------ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Ali - can you throw a bit more light into that butterfly move since i am not sure if i understood what you are saying...so i am doing the forward butterfly in split-time, is that right??? what do i do next???? do i have to swing the 2 poi in different planes????thanx,Simos

ALIBABAmember
52 posts

Posted:
errrmmm yes.the poi are on two different planes and instead of your hands moving up and down as for buterfly they do the same motion but side to side. in fact i guess its a sort of sideways butterfly, i do find it difficult to get out of though.

ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Ali - i am not sure if i am sure if i understood correctly but in any case if it's a butterfly move of some sort,then the easiest way to come out of it is to switch to split time (180 degrees apart) and then either start bringing each poi to your side until they are clear from each other or try doing a giant butterfly of some sort and then go into a move you can easily get out of (e.g a normal butterfly)...i hope this helps,Simos

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
if you want to do a split time butterfly where it looks like they hit eachother on the sides instead of the top and bottom just when you move one hand up move the other hand down. so you dont have to move your hands onto their sides you just move them in split time. poof...there ya go.DRAKE