Forums > Social Chat > what do you find sexy?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
something amoured_raven posted in my thread got me thinking about this so i thought i'd post this question to you all...

what do you find sexy?

now i'm not talking about body parts, though they do count so you are welcome to list them, but i'm talking about traits, characteristics, things that make a person attractive to you.

so i'll start...
(and in no particular order)
*humor, with a tad bit of sarcasm but not too much, and i especially like stupid humor
*intellect, not ignorance
*an open mind
*creativity
*compassion
*generousness
*outgoing but also mellow
*active, but not overly athletic (i.e. NOT lazy)
*a music lover
*someone who can appreciate poi, if not do it themselves
*understanding
*respect for others, especially women (i'm not a big fan of someone who makes sexist jokes even if they are just joking...a little bit is ok, i can take a joke, but after that i start to lose respect)
*someone who has dreams and goals
*optimism

i'm sure there's a million more things, but it's a start. what about the rest of you?

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Armoured_RavenGOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
Mmm, I'm a big fan of confidance without arrogance. And artistic/ creative is a total plus! And i like a guy to act like a guy, that sensitive femme stuff doesn't do it for me...not that I don't appreciate compassion and sensitivity, but in a masculine way... did that make sense?

"I have no particular talent. I am merely inquisitive." -Albert Einstein

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
* honesty
* openness
* romantic and affectionate
* not scared to take a chance
* not embrassed to profess love
* ready to defend and protect

that is what I find sexy

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I think that you need to go back to some comments of my good friend Flid's pimp, oops, NYC. When you say "sexy" do you mean "someone you'd sleep with?" or do you mean "someone who makes your head turn". The two things are very different for me. I wouldn't sleep with anyone who I couldn't have an interesting conversation with, and who I couldn't trust to not lie to me. Those aren't necessarily qualities I find "sexy", however.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
sexy, attractive, someone you'd sleep with. obviously someone who would make your head turn is someone you find physically attractive, although i think someone who gives off confidence can do the same thing, or someone's laugh can do it. so i guess the answer would be it really doesn't matter. however you want to define it, i don't care.

now quit picking apart the semantics and look at the question for content!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Ice fairymember
8 posts

Posted:
I like the whole 'sexy glance' type thing. Like you've just shared a joke, are both laughing when you catch eachothers eyes & then at just the right moment they do the whole raised eyebrow then almost but not quite wink thing. I like all the personality stuff which's already been said, but i like attributes too. I like the whole play fighting thing too... nice to see a guy with stregnth yet gentleness

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
-down to earth
-positive outlook
-care free
-level headed
-hard worker

hmmm, kind of dull. Oh well, overall I'm attracted to those nice guys finish last types, the ones that you almost miss or would take for granted.

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
all of the above...am i asking too much?? umm

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Posture, how someone carries themselves.
Confidence.
How they walk.
Humour.
Must have a mischevous twinkle in her eye, can't be explained but I know it when I see it... like this ---> eek

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Foraumember
81 posts

Posted:
Hm, you know.
Before I had a girlfriend I had a pretty good view about my "favourite girl."
My preferences where all sorted out, and if I should meet the girl of my choice, I would definitely go for her.

But....
At one night I stepped into a girls bed(I knew her about four years since she was a classmate)and now whe have about 2.5 years of love behind us(trust me, the bed thing was in a tent, with a lot of friends around us so we couldn't do anything).
BUT the point is, she doesn't look at all like my "image of a girlfriend."
She has the wrong colour and style of hair(like that is important...), isn't sure about a lot of things in life, and a few other characteristics I wouldn't have picked out if I could.
But she is so sweet, so lovely, so honest, and so utterly cute that I wouldn't trade her for the "prototype of a great girl" that I had in mind. I love her, and allthough she doesn't fit the discription I love her with all my heart.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
someone who makes me feel comfortable ubblove

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
brilliance deserved arrogance silly moments laughing during sex love of games and cleverness enthusiasm for everything that they do

And if we're talking physical attributes...
long hair stubble sharp jawline

E pluribus unum, baby.

Foraumember
81 posts

Posted:
Laughing during sex is a good one.
I couldn't sleep with a girl who'd think sex is a serious thing. Come on, its great fun(just like poi actually(but i'll won't tell my girlfriend that wink)).

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
yes laughing during sex is a good one. of course, with some seriousness occasionally

oh and i like someone who respects me and treats me like a priority (doesn't always have to be #1, but as long as i am a priority).

ok so i mentioned it before, but i really needed to say it again

**ahem**

are you reading this i hope?

**giggles**

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok,

*He's got to be attractive, not necessarily in a model-perfect way but in an "I have respect for my body" way.
*He's got to have some sense of direction, a passion for something, a will to be self-sufficient and self-supporting.
*He can't be needy.
*I need to be able to laugh a lot with him.
*I need to be able to stay up all night talking about life, the universe, and everything with him.
*He's got to know how to enjoy life, including life's indulgences, without feeling guilty about it.
*And finally (a problem I've been having a lot lately), he has to be confident enough in himself that he's not intimidated or scared by me or by what I do with my life.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
spunky

cartoony (yes i made up that word)

energetic and playful

i like a gurl that can dance ubblove

style i like a gurl who dresses up. not all the time of course but when she goes out you know somthing really really cute or sexy works too of course smile

lively and open conversation it can go from really intimate and serious to crazy and fun. when you rarely have to make those icebreaker statements like "hows the weather". and when it does get quiet its cause we are both thinkin about kissin kiss

i like it when i cant stop thinking about someone and i can have conversations with them inside my head because i feel so close to them that i know what they would say to me wink

and last but not least i like a person who loves love and will run with it no matter what gets in the way. ubblove

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

vegassexgodessotherwise known as Trixie
118 posts

Posted:
someone who loves my children as much as they do me ubblove

"Spike is the hero and you now run Hell Incorporated??? What kind of bizarro world did i wake up in????" ~ Cordelia Chase

divimember
36 posts

Posted:
Sexiness to me is:
* intelligence
* activism
* being able to communicate without having to spend 20 minutes explaining where i'm coming from
* really good hugs
* visible queer-ness
(okay, that one's embarassing... ubbangel but every boy i have ever dated has been suspected of being gay, whether he was straight or not... every girl has been ultra-femme... and i can't help but feel my heart flutter when i'm around gorgeous androgynous/trans folk)
* sculpted shoulders
* self-love
* self-respect
* thoroughly enjoying another person's sexual pleasure
* talent
* an appreciation for music

(sigh; i'm finding myself describing one person with all of these traits ubblove)

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:
My ideals are always changing... but at the moment I love a man who is...

~Mysterious
~Creative
~Artistic
~Unique
~Spiritual
~Respectful
~Passionate
~Fun
~Outgoing
~Spontaneous
~Wild
~Gentle
~Humble yet confident
~A musician ubblol
~Loving
~Romantic
~Appreciative

And who gives me butterflies smile

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
"It".

There's a mysterious quality that varies for every person and you can't put your finger on. that's the It.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
I LIKE BIG BUTTS! and i can not lie.....etc.etc.

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Attitude is what does it for me

physically I like a person who is in shape and takes care of themselves, but I don't go in so much for classic runway model asthetics much.

I like someone who acts and looks unusual and can keep up with me physically and mentally.

And I'm certainly more of a rear view kinda guy than a chest man.

The sexiest women I know is kinda odd looking, and doesn't photograph well. Her build is strong yet feminine, but not all that curvatious. Only about one person in 4 finds her particularly attractive in an objective sense, but she is a complete badass and never ceases to amaze me with her abilities no matter what the situation. I want her in every way possible. Too bad we never seem to live within 2000 miles of each other!

I find that far more often than not, women who are attractive in the magazine add kind of way generally have attrocious personalities, don't have anything worth while to say, and are lame in bed and therefore not particularly sexy in real life. There are certainly exceptions to this, but it seems they are almost always unavailable for some reason or another.

But I'm a freak - no need to take my opinion seriously.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Interesting topic!

-A good sense of humour
-Someone who doesn't take herself too seriously
-Athletic ability can be very sexy
-Open-mindedness
-THAT look

The list goes on and on... smile

Raph

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Scent - s'all about the pheremones tongue
A glint of madness in a mans eye (the non-psychotic glint that is)
Creativity

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
collerbones, necks, and backs. O.o'

Attitude doesn't have much, unless they do something to completely make me think they're psyco, which makes me think of their psychoness, and not their pretty collar bones.

But I guess it does sometimes, and if I did choose an attitude I found sexy, it's probably just being relaxed, and comfortable. ^_^

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

skixgalGOLD Member
26 posts

Posted:
hmm what do i find sexy...
- personality , ive been with too many people that cant keep up a conversation!
- positive energy- the whole joy life and not put other people down
-quirky sense of humour- got to have that one, mines tapped! ubbloco
-a straight look followed by that smile- being able to have some one look staright at you, followed by that little smile, especially when you first meet them, it conveys that kind of electricty ubbidea
-some one addicted to travel and some one whos honest!
all the other things that people have said are important too, these were what off the top of my head were my top five:) ubbtickled

did some one say they saw a flying purple people eater??

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
i must say i would be bit un nerved if a gurl was admiring the shape of my collerbone tongue

do you kill men and harvest there neck coller and backbones bobo? you can tell us we are all friends here biggrin

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
collarbones are sexy, i have to agree. you know, it's that place where you just want to kiss ever so softly ubblove

and then you just wanna bite it! eek

**giggles**

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

visible queer-ness
(okay, that one's embarassing... but every boy i have ever dated has been suspected of being gay, whether he was straight or not... every girl has been ultra-femme... and i can't help but feel my heart flutter when i'm around gorgeous androgynous/trans folk)

That's interesting. People tend to describe me as "very butch," and I find it frustrating that I find myself attracted to men who are very masculine because sometimes they wind up being straight.

I used to hate people who flamed. Now, I have a number of friends who do flame and I realize it's not a total act (although sometimes it is). But I could never date someone who acts more obnoxious about his hair than my mother does about hers.

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

collarbones are sexy, i have to agree.

I love collarbones. I also like that spot on the back of the flank that leads into the butt. Right where the external oblique muscle goes around the side of the body. When it's nice, it's very nice...

-Mike

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I also like that spot on the back of the flank that leads into the butt. Right where the external oblique muscle goes around the side of the body.

lol, no, you're not in the medical field!! ubblol um, so in people-who-haven't-taken-physiology speak, where would that be? ubblol

**giggles**

Page: