pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i just had an idea....on an email group i'm on we got paired up with other people on the list and we traded cds one year for the holidays. that way we could share our tastes in music with other people and get to know new stuff as well. so i just thought about this and thought, wouldn't that be a fun thing to do on here. if anyone was interested, i thought perhaps we could pair up or something and send each other cds of our favorite songs for the holidays.

anyone interested? i'd be happy to coordinate it. just let me know you are interested, send me a PM or whatever, and i can pair people up and let you know who you are matched up with. then you two can take it from there as far as exchanging emails and addresses. i can set a deadline for letting me know if you all want. i'll wait and see if there's any interest to set a deadline, but i'm thinking by dec. 1 would be good.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok so i far i have one taker. i realized it may actually be easier for you to post here if you are interested, and then i can PM or email you from there. that way we can at least keep the topic somewhat new and stop it from dropping to page 2

hope to get more of you soon!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
In this electronic age, wouldn't swapping mp3's be easier?

Raph

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
well i'm sure it would be but it's so much more fun and personal to create a mix CD for a friend besides, with all these idiotic lawsuits against people who are downloading MP3s, i'd rather just make a CD for someone. and i'm sure not everyone has fast internet connects to transfer the files quickly.

**giggles**

Bobo DCLmember
141 posts

Posted:
If you got my PM, then ya already know I'm up for it!

I like orange.And don't take my cookies.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
tapes? nothing like a good old tape

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
oh certainly tapes would be fine too, just as long as your music partner would have a tape player (such a shame to get a tape and not be able to listen to it).

so does that mean you want to participate oli?

and yes bobo, i got your PM. thanks!

**giggles**

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Mix CDs are just as illegal as MP3s. The whole thing has become ridiculous. I blame the lawyers, personally, they're the only people who really win. I'm not going to get drawn out into a rant about the music business and why it's bad for starting artists, and the lack of talent in the artists that are often pushed by the giant music empires.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
I have to defend lawyers as a general category...

No one wins. Most lawyers and law students I know download mp3s as much as the rest of you, and think this whole issue will fade away as soon as someone is stupid enough to indict some senator's grandkid.

E pluribus unum, baby.

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Hopefully Sonny Bono's. *fx: unclenches fists*

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok, not that i don't mind a discussion on the music nazis and all that crap, cause i certainly don't. heck i'll join in and bitch and moan with ya. but this post was just to see if anyone wants to have fun and trade music, you know get to know each other a lil more thru your music tastes? so if you don't want to trade, fine by me, but do me a fav and go make a music trading complaint thread? please?

lovies

**giggles**

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
so far i have 2 people interested.....any more takers?

**giggles**

dot.member
64 posts

Posted:
ok, i'm in. you will be able to hear some polish music (not only Chopin wink)

so, when do we start? wave

Down from my ceiling
Drips great noise
It drips on my head through a hole in the roof...

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
I'm down, have a shipment of wax on it's way to make a new mix tape, but I won't really have time to participate in this until after the 1st of the year frown

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
yea i think i would be interested in particpating, if tapes are acceptable smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
tapes are fine. let me know if you plan on making a tape versus a cd so i can match you guys up better smile

**giggles**

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I'm in. I can only make and listen to CDs though.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Either, or. Can record and listen to CDs, tapes, and MiniDiscs. Whoo ^_^

~ Bobo
EDITED_BY: OrangeBobo (1069637765)

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier