joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
In a book I once read, back in the days when my hectic HOP posting schedule left me time to read, I remember the characters playing a game in which one of them made a noise, and the others had to describe the event which made that noise. I believe it was a drinking game.

I have recently, whilst surfing the radiowaves, stuck in London traffic and trying to find a single decent song to listen to, encountered the same game.

I propose a similar game. Only we'll have to write the sounds. My first noise is this:

Riiibbii (at this point an alarming quaver enters the otherwise full-bodied sound) IiIiIiIi (and then a wobble)IiooIioo...ooo iboit

Those who wish to take the time may find a clue in my intro thread. However, the cost of this clue is that you have to post, again in my intro thread, your best anecdote.

Whoever gets the noise right first, or comes upo with a better answer than the one I've got, gets to choose the next noise. Any players?

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

310 posts

Posted:
Was I being too long winded? Basically, whoever guesses what made the following noise gets to make the next one:

Riiibbii (at this point an alarming quaver enters the otherwise full-bodied sound) IiIiIiIi (and then a wobble)IiooIioo...ooo iboit

There's a clue in my thread, but it comes at a price, and if you can think of a better answer than whatever it is that I think made that noise, then it counts.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
A bullfrog?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
it's a dying frog!

but i have no noise to describe on my own. hey lightening..want a go at my turn?

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

310 posts

Posted:
Indeed. Did you check the clue or remember it? If you checked, there'd better be an anecdote in my thread pounce. New noise?

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i actually remembered it, but i went back to your thread to give you a bump. anecdote to follow shortly....suggestions on a topic?

i can't think of a noise right now, but Lightening is welcome to my turn if he would like it since he came close. otherwise i'll return with a noise.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
ok...here's a noise....yeooowwwwwwwch....thwump...

310 posts

Posted:
Do you reckon I'm allowed to have three guesses?

yeooowwwwwwwch....thwump: the noise made by the builders of Stonehenge as they levered their massive stone blocks across the landscape?

yeooowwwwwwwch....thwump: someone burning themselves on a hot poi, then throwing it away. Would have to be a big poi though: maybe a flid?

yeooowwwwwwwch....thwump: someone hitting themselves with a poi, only they have anticipated the hit and are exclaiming in pain before it actually connects?

?

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Is your one an ambleeance joe six steps?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

310 posts

Posted:
A dying frog, I'm afraid Valura e hoa, and pounce guessed it already. At the moment the ambulance makes a noise like this:

because it is slightly ill and generally illegal. But all that's gonna change cuz, just you wait!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
That would be me nailing myself in the balls with twin burning poi and subsequently dropping to the ground.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura