Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
right i have volenteered to design posters and leaflets for an anti smoking campaign here in Oman.

i have spent the whole day on the internet looking at various sites and was wondering if any of you knew any websites that are particularlly good.

also i know alot of you are creative people and if you have any ideas or suggestions on the subject they would be much appreciated!they can be as shocking and grotesque (sp) as you like.

the campaign is to highlight the risks of passive smoking and also another aimed at the youth (both arab and expat).

cheers
sophieX

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

2,568 posts

Posted:
thankyoooooou!!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
"smoking harms your pregnant baby" ...sorry, quote from my stoned friend......

fear tactics are good. they are the focus of a lot of anti-smoking campaigns in australia...pictures of rotting lungs etc.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
The truth is a campaign launched in the US, good stuff..dying lifesized rats on the sidewalks, much more

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

2,568 posts

Posted:
yeah that 'truth' website is very cool, i found it yesterday, really well designed and lots of info, but thanks musashii

i think im gonna have to go witht the shock tactics thing cos they've never done anything like that before here, they've always been cartoony and well piss poor! so many people here smoke cos the baccie is so cheap, a pack of twenty is less than a rial (1 rial = US$1. 64)!!

so again any ideas are appreciated!

red dragon - stoned people really are genius dont you think !?!?!

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
yep have to agree, comin from a smokers point of view, a really sick pict6ure of black tarry lungs or pic of someone with throat cancer always puts me off for a few days. maybe if i was them all the time i wouldnt smoke .....?!

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)