Forums > Social Chat > Happy story about the job that stinks!

Login/Join to Participate

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Ok.

No-one likes their job right? No-one feels appreciated? Their job stinks, and we all wish we could go back to full-time performing like before their son was born 5 months ago... (well, maybe thats just me).

So my job has been full of lots of stress, a large portion it due to incompetant people whom I have had to depend on for commission who can't get their sh*t together, as well as all the standard stuff, none appreciates my work, support from management is non-existant, and the money earned without the commission is less thna i need ot provide for my family.

so, LEAVE, all my friends have been saying. So I re-do my CV, apply to about 1/2 dozen jobs, get 6 interviews and THEN I write a complaint about my situation to management, complete with a list of what I think needs changing NOW and how they have been cheating me out of thousands of dollars of commission.

But, of course, I'm still looking at other jobs.

So I have two meetings with my nmanager and we discuss the issues, with her pretty much agreeing with me about almost everything! (Yikes, that was unexpected)

Then, last Wednesday, we had a third an dfinal meeting, and me with 3 job interviews, one at lunchtime and two after work.

They offered me a proposed solution...

1. A higher customer service portion to my job as requested when I started 6 months ago.

2. An extra $3 an hour wage increase (yahoo!)

3. A considerable lump sum payment as an apology for the lack of income and to help out my current situation.

4. A change to the commission structure where i get some rewards regardless of how the stupid people I depend upon mess things up.

5. A new person to come on board and work directly with me to sort out a lot of these issues.

So I promptly cancelled my job interviews, rang my beautiful wife at home and actually feel truly appreciated at work now.

Plus it's coming up to XMas and I have performing work coming out of my ears! I might even be able to buy that Nimbus Extreme Unicycle I've had my eye on despairingly for a while.

Sometimes life throws you a curveball, and you just smash it right out of the stadium!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Charles:
I might even be able to buy that Nimbus Extreme Unicycle I've had my eye on despairingly for a while.
well dude congratulations.

most certainly glad the priority spending is in order.lol

runs off to unicycle dot com to dream of crimbo pressie for myself

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Charles:
I might even be able to buy that Nimbus Extreme Unicycle I've had my eye on despairingly for a while.

Good choice.

I ride a Nimbus 24x3 muni.

And congrats on standing up for yourself with the job.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
charles mate that is FANTASTIC news mate. see that's the kinda hard luck story i want to hear - resolved before i can open my mouth! (not that other problems are less important)

a job aint everythink in life, but it sure is important to not let it gets in the way of your face looking like this guy over here -->

kudos to you for standing up for yourself and scoring a gig-o-rama!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
Congratulations....amazing story,sometimes it pays to speak up!You brave person,you.

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Charles, this is great news. It also proves that one person can make a difference and that speaking up can be a good thing. But it is also a good thing to have that backup plan incase in backfires.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
quote:
Plus it's coming up to XMas and I have performing work coming out of my ears! I might even be able to buy that Nimbus Extreme Unicycle I've had my eye on despairingly for a while.

It's not for your son is it?

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Goes to show that if you actually try to help yourself out of a bad situation, you succeed!

E pluribus unum, baby.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
fantastic news kiddo. Well done.

And enjoy your unicycle!!!

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Dom...no it's not for Yaqub, there are smaller kid sized ones you can get though... :-)

We'll have to see if I really can afford it just yet, as I've got lots of bills and Credit Cards and savings and stuff to do first...but it's a lot more likely now than it was a week ago!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?