Page:
shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
anyone see matrix revolutions? what did yuh think? speak now! or i will take away your spoons!

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
Just seen it an hour ago.. The best one me thinks... That battle to save Zion blew my friggin mind..

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

401 posts

Posted:
yes that was spectacular!
i personally enjoyed the agent smith neo fight in the matrix at the end. so ferocious!

now i must i only have 3 more seconds til your message self destructs!

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
fie on you! do a search for the already existing matrix thread!

giggles and runs away

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

nightsdarkchildmember
84 posts

Posted:
dude, take not my spoon! The badgers are on thier way. GET ME OUT OF HERE!

we could live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
swim out past the breakers watch the world die

401 posts

Posted:

401 posts

Posted:

401 posts

Posted:

401 posts

Posted:
huh?! what were we talkin about?... oh yes badgers yes yes frightening creatures....................

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've just got back home after watching it and I thought it was dire.

It was boring, formulaic and incredably predictable.

In fact, if I wanted to watch that again, I'd go watch the first one and then a transformers cartoon - I'd get the cool fights and the cool robot things with the added benefit of a plot that at least tries to make sense.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I agree with you Bov. The special effects were as noemal Fantastic but the sory line couldnt compete... and not much of what the orcale said made much sense to me.
And I even understood the architect at the end of the last one!!!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

StebbinsBRONZE Member
171 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by shadow steppin:
i personally enjoyed the agent smith neo fight in the matrix at the end. so ferocious!

Ya man.. That battle was exactly what I pictured Dragon Ball Z would be like if they made it into a real life movie. Does anybody agree??

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
The first film made me pierce the back of my neck three times. I wore PVC and a leather trench to work to celebrate the second, and was let down. I'm reserving judgement on the third...

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i was very pleased that a few of the buff action roles were filled by buff action women.
pwhoar methinks

**** SPOILER ALERT ****
if you are reading this particular sentence, you are very naughty indeed. except for steppin, who is in fact a badger.
**** END SPOILER ALERT ****

if haven't seen the movie and didn't read ^ the above, kudos to you, as it may have ruined your enjoyment of ths fine action flicky.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

401 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Stebbins:
quote:
Originally posted by shadow steppin:

Ya man.. That battle was exactly what I pictured Dragon Ball Z would be like if they made it into a real life movie. Does anybody agree??

oh for sure! thats exactly what i was reminded of. i just wished that it went on til the end of the movie and they just dropped that half assed plot wrap up. such crap

StebbinsBRONZE Member
171 posts

Posted:
Hahahahahaha Shadow steppin is now my new best friend!!!!! The end was kinda weak.
Weaker then 7 days one might say...
oooooohhhhhhh where does he come up with them?

401 posts

Posted:
RAWR!!

Non-Https Image Link

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
I've just got back from watching it.

I thought Matrix 2 was really bad, just a special effects/action movie with a plot that I couldn't understand at all.

I enjoyed this one (revolutions) a lot more.

The attack on the city was really beautiful, great visuals.

The ending I thought a bit weak, and I didn't really understand what was happening.

But it was definitly worth seeing; for some reason I came away inspired to work on my blindfold meteors.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

StebbinsBRONZE Member
171 posts

Posted:
nooooo not shadow steppin to? I guess I'm on my own until Nephtys finds "the one"

6,978 posts

Posted:
more than ever, seraph is the man.
the double roudahouse kick combo in the nightclub lobby scene was aceness itself

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
funny nobody has mentioned the blatant ripoff of muad'dib's non-blindness, given by a traitor. my personal major dissappointment. those guys have officially ripped off every major work of prophetic literature! but the eyes thing went too far.
i did like the christ/antichrist thing they had going on, though. is that hypocritical of me? it's okay to rip off works of fiction like the bible, but DUNE!?!?! BLASPHEMERS!!!
and i liked the resolution, at least the plot of it. the sunshine and birds can blow out my butt, though
man and those big monster bug bomb launcher things guarding the city were cool. they got those for $1000 in the sharper image catalogue, thinking about saving up and getting me one when i get my reproduction light saber (to combine shipping costs). those things outta keep the mice outta my barn!

of course bender likes seraph indeed he is mighty. from now on i'm talking like him. hooow vewwy speshauw i wiw bee venn...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

6,978 posts

Posted:
but of course all stories that have messianic pretentions would share key themes, religious, cinematic or otherwise.
and arashi bro we think so alike. I kept thinking of the phophet of arrakeen when Neo used his spice vision to see without eyes. trust neo to refuse tlelaxu technology!! (btw i recently finished the book 2 of second Dune prequel trilogy, the final installment of the butlerian jihad should be out soon - it will have the battle of Corrin where humanity is freed from the machines the blood fued between harknonnens and atreides is ignited.) Long live the fighters!

hehe it's less of a thread hijack when i mention humanity and machines, innit?

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I personally prefered the first and second one then Revolutions.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
I wasn't amazed but did enjoy it, my friends all thought it was way too cheesie. Anybody else think Exo Squad during the whole Zion battle? Exo Squad rocked

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
all the matrix movies were boreing, formulatic and terribly predictable. It's the bloody matrix, it's not like it's about plot or characters or good acting. it's about ridicilous action.

This was the best one out of the 3 unless your one of those silly people who think the previous ones were deep and engageing and "Mind blowing"

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
Arashi, I was biting back yelling out muad'ib in the theatre last night when I saw that..I herd that the robot, leest one o them was the real thing eh, full size. Wonder how long before I get to ride one o those at a party? vive la dark CGI

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
can someone enlighten me about the spoon reference please? I have never seen a matrix movie, nor am I likely to, but I was watching another film last week (the pretty awful - wrinkle in time - only watched the first hour....), and one of the characters was trying to walk through a maze and threw himself at a hedge saying "there is no spoon".

now, from all the talk about the matrix, I know there's a sppon reference in there.....

can someone fill me in on the spoon so I don't feel like I'm living under a rock....

StebbinsBRONZE Member
171 posts

Posted:
Check the "Help! One of life's major questions" thread.... That is where the madness began...

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
thanks stebbins, that's about as clear as mud now

6,978 posts

Posted:
I treat the 'There is no Spoon' as a reinterpreted Zen/Cha'an Buddhist mantra.

When it is invoked in the first movie just prior to impossible feats could allow it to be interpreted so.

that or the Watchowski Bros like cutlery. the snags.

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Saw it yesterday and was both entertained and disappointed. Too many cheesy scenes and Hollywood BS. It's confusing and many questions are left unanswered. Most important, the one below....

SPOILER WARNING - don't read the following if you haven't seen the movie yet

How did Smith die?

Nomad

Page: