KiwiBexmember
69 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I came to Clapham common on the 2nd of November, and I found you guys, but I felt too dumb to go up and introduce myself, so I went to the movies instead. Pathetic eh? Looked like everyone was having a good time tho! Any chance there's another gathering coming up??

I said perhaps, and thats FINAL.

I love my length!

Bobo DCLmember
141 posts

Posted:
HEm, I've done something like that. I couldn't see them very well, and no one was spinning anything, so I was rather unsure that it was them... So, I looked like I knew what I was doing, went to get a coffee, and came back, to them all spinning again. It turns out, they were doing fire safety or something of the like.

But... er, I needed coffee...?

I like orange.And don't take my cookies.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:

There's no need to be shy, all the londoners a lovely

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
*agrees with Pink*

They're awesome. I wanna go meet them again

Kinudin

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
doh!

you should have come during the summer, we had at least one person (usually alice) on "lynch people and invite/coerce/kidnap them over" duty at all times back then.

you wouldn't be the first person to do that at clapham, but seriously, only UCOF bites, and even if he did have rabbies (which hasn't been proven) there's a big hospital close by.

joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Gr. It's a shame, i really wanted to meet you. Oh well, there's always next time. How is life going at St Chris?

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
i can feel your pain chief. When i rocked up at Melb twirling for the first time the spinners were soooooooooooo good, and there was little old me. Everyone was saying come on light up light show us what u can do. Ans there is was hiding away in a corner trying to to be seen while being able to see all the awesome things that these scarey people could do

thanks to Flynt, i got over that pretty quick

cheers

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
Here here for Flynt!

Similar with me I found it MUCH easier turning up first time with a friend. Even if they don't twirl themselves, bring someone along with you.

The melbourne spinners are heaps good.. I could do nearly everything in the hop tutorials, but still felt like a total novice the first time. Just remember, even the best spinners were novices once upon a time - they know what it's like. I'm only just getting out of the novice class myself..

Don't be afraid!! Wednesday nights at Edinborough Gardens, Fitzroy! 8:30pm onwards. The first time I went, I was taught enough new tricks to keep me very occupied for weeks!! There's also the Sunday afternoon/night next to Luna Park

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Pink...?:

There's no need to be shy, all the londoners a lovely

Yeh, but Pink bites!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i plan on going to the melbourne ones after my exams.....but im too shy! i have flynts number so i will prolly just call him and tell him what i'll be wearing so if he sees anyone like that running away - i need to be caught!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well if some guy grabs you and tells you he's Flynt... be afraid, very afraid. Flynt's a shiela.

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
patrick: really? I think you're confusing the "Easy Target" sign and her teeth. I don't think she bites... Weasel may know differently, of course...

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
melbourne has a wierd smell when i don't wash.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
Geeeee.....funny that Bender!!!!! the whole time i thought the smell was coming from foreign parts but now that i know it is u, i shall have to keep it in mind to wash my hands next time we meet!

cheers

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I am actually female, yep, all 100% of me. Including my ovaries.

Was that a bit much? probably...

but, yes, It does make a big difference to have someone greet you when you get to spinning, I know this, because I am a total wuss. And i'd hate to think of anyone being as scared as me, So I try to make a fool out of myself and make them realise that they cant possibly be as silly as me, so they'll fit right in

seems to work quite well....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
but its all ok cos we're even

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...