Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
Well, to fire breathing any way!! I finally did it! I'm so giddy, I can't stop smiling! I've been studying/practicing for 5 months and I finally broke down and lit up today! I just had to inform those who would appreciate it.

To those who have not done it, I completely agree with what Pele and others have discussed before on these forums regarding the dangerous matter of aspirating. I'm not an advocate of doing it without months of practice and guidance. This will not become a regular thing for me and I won't be doing this for audiences yet, as I do not feel that comfortable with others around.

But I will admit, it's quite a feeling!

Thanks HoP (especially Pele) for the respect I have gained from months of patience in this art.

.:~* cage *~:.

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
congrats cage!!!!!!!

Charlotte

everyone's unique except me

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
thanks!

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Wow......

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
congratulations. but rememeber, please take care and be safe.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
I never knew how dangerous firebreathing was until I had done it for a fair while. Not only did I teach myself but the first time I tried it was 20 seconds after the idea came to mind. Being the destructive teenager I was, I just swigged back a gob full of kero and blew I through the wick of my lit fire staff! I cant believe how lucky I was not to injure myself considering how little guidence I was given and how reckless I used to be with it.

For me now, firebreathing just isnt worth the damage to my health and the risk of seriously deforming my pretty face. You can do just as much of an impressive fire trick using staff given you have a little imagination and some basic workshop skills.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Yay for you. What does your mouth taste like afterwards?

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
Dentrassi: thanks! And yes, safety is my number one priority. Gee, I kinda sound like a car commercial.

Eera: it's not really the taste that's nasty. I mean, it's not exactly a Friday night cocktail you're putting in your mouth. What really gets me is the kero burps I got after wards. And that's only cause I was so excited that I forgot to drink something starchy. *duh*

BurningByron: I'm glad that you became smart about your breathing and chose staff. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two...

peace & light,
cage