Page:
Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I got "Circles of light" and wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be. I liked some parts and others just bored me. Don't get me wrong, I have mad respect for everyone on the movie, but I was just exspecting more I guess. I would deffinatly recomend getting this video, it was good to watch other spinners. A little off subject but I got my Zuni poi today, Love them, just a little getting used to. They weigh quite a bit more then glowstix, but I'm doing fine.Eric------------------If a nuclear bomb went off, we'de all be giant glowstix, think about it, spinning with your two best friends would have a whole new meaning.

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
glad you like the vid. the guys who did it, terra-sea productions, have a lot of sweet footage of hayobola. maybe, if you e' them nicely, you can purchase a cd set or video with way higher quality stuff. their email is terra-sea@home.com . it's worth a try.------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Hey Dangerboy that movie clip was really cool... took me a while to download it since i got a 56k;p but anyways man i really really liked it =)

Dance like if noone were watching you

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
for those who have the circles of light video, bonus points if they can find the two spots where i set my ass on fire.------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Nice video - thanks Malcolm. Thanks also to all who showcased their different styles. It's a great benchmarking video, and there is a lot of inspiration to be found all throughout. I am most certainly looking forward to CoL part 2 grin(BTW - my partner - a non fire person - had this to say about the video: "How do you want your trees lopped - at the top?." wink

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Well, Dangerboy, such fun as that is hard to miss....and it just opens itslef to all new names for you, all the while living up to Dangerboy....like...hot cheeks?sizzle buns?toasty tush?...and all without the smell of burnt hair. grinActually, in all seriousness, since I completely am in awe every time I see you spin I think having that on the video kind of keeps you human in my mind, you know? It actually makes your skill level seem attainable to us pee-ons. At least I told Whipping Boy that's how i feel about it when I watch the video. It's a nice reality check.My best....------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
I finally got to see the dang thing and loved it. I felt like I got to hangout on a burn night at several cities throughout the world. I do have some feedback for future videos, is that in the mix? Something that might make it easier in the future is to have the spinner use their own music and JUST send in the best 2 minutes (or other arbitrary time) so they'd be forced to focus on the unique stuff and be able to edit it in their own style. Also, Malcolm could literally just copy it onto a master without needing to edit.I also found it very cool for those who were spinning in interesting places. Some of the backdrops added to the performances greatly.It was also nice to see the restraint people had with the zoom button. I can't tell you how many BAD videos I've seen where the cameraperson just zooms in and out the whole time making me seasick!

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I agree with the zoom comment and with the two minutes or a preset amount of time Mr. Mo. The thing with the music is that Malcolm might run into copyright issues when using protected music. Think of all the people on the video, now think if each one used some form of popular music they liked and Malcolm was to use their video as is with music. He then has to track down all of the music publishing companies to get permission to use the music on a video for mass distribution, which then usually comes with a user fee or he can use it and face possible copyright infringement charges. Either way it is easier to find something original to put there, though I agree I would like to see more music variety (maybe have Dangerboy's friend think some yummy stuff up) but I can completely understand why Malcolm did that.Cheers!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Page: