Forums > Social Chat > the most beautiful idea ever, immortality awaits

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
god how i wish id thoght of this

www.keo.org

basically what these guys are doing is collecting as many stories as possible from people around the world as well as other things from the 21st century. All of this will be put into a capsule hat will be shot into space in 2006 on a long route that should return to earth in 50000 years time to tell our decendants about us.
JUST READ THE SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you please

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
that is being sent to all my friends and i am coming up with a written thingy have you added anything?

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
lol i just immediately thought of Buck Rogers

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Ohh neato, I will have to make time to sit down and write out something thoughtful and hopefully insightfull.

I doubt the world will exist in 50k years, but it would be neat to be a part of history!

Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
so it's going on a orbit that takes 50K years to complete and it's not going to be knocked off course by any number of gravitational wells, ion storms, meteorites etc...? All it takes is a very minor shift in course, a tiny misscalculation and over that big of an orbit it will either miss earth or hit the atmosphere so hard there will be nothing left.

Biggest waste of money ever.

2,568 posts

Posted:
spot the pessimist!!

Tarriemember
17 posts

Posted:
also, in that amount of time language and dialect will have changed so dramatically that it'll be like us trying to decipher heiroglyphics (spell?) only worse. The stories will make no sense whatsoever....

nice idea in theory though

Tarrie. Lonely but never alone. Alive but dead inside. Violently happy.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Plus if some alien picks it up they'll be able to follow it back to us and we'll all end up in slavery to the Traalians or something.

Don't you guys ever watch Star Trek?

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
If they aliens are advanced tho they might bring insight and new knowledge, peace to the world and satisfy all our curious thoughts....don't you watch Star Trek!!

I think it's a very nice idea, so long as it can navigate by itself ok!

I'm gonna include some poi instructions without words so the future people can learn to spin, that's of course unless the spinny people have taken over the world in a new order of peace love and rotational toys!!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

2,568 posts

Posted:
tut tut tut, when will you all realise that we were created by aliens!!! so they know everything there is to know about us human types! so do not fear they have no interest in what we mere mortals pop into a satalite

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
write your messages in fundamental mathematics... yup.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

zwitterionSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
I predict that if aliens land on our planet they will become helplessly addicted to WizzFizz which will be a toxin to their alien bodies and they will all die and we will subsequently bear the weight of countless alien souls on our.. souls and we will be damned to an eternity of remorse, so let's hope they DON'T find their way back here.

remember kids, candy kills

1,079 posts

Posted:
jeeza, you guys really do get carried away!

just write something nice, whack it in and all will be coll. and even if it never returns, something will pick it up and go WOW!!!!!!!

so just write stuff you silly bobbleheds!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

1,079 posts

Posted:
bump, bump, bump it up! ubbrollsmile

D.B.
X x X x X

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
*bump*

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
me thinks its a cool idea personally! think how interested we would be if we found somthing like this from 50k years ago/millions of miles away...

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
For some reason my mind jumps to Futurama when they find the rubbish, and it has all those bart simpson dolls...

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Ha ha I love that! That's utter genius

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
they shud probably notch the time a bit. Our sun will probably becum a red giant or sumthin and burnt everythinmg to a crisp by then. our predecessors will be roasty toasty and very, very crispy. oh dear.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Maybe they'll have developed a thick, crusty outer skin, like Thing from Fantastic 4.

That would be cool.

Thoreau

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Cor.

Imagine the poi transitions in 50000 years time..
eek

and imagine having to learn them all starting with a weave....

rolleyes

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
In 50000 years I might have learned the [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] dogshaped [censored] [censored] [censored] 5bt... but probably not.

Thoreau

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Will there be anyone around in 50,000 years? Not at the rate we're going. Especially given last Tuesday. frown

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
god i wish i would have thought of this

If I could be granted one wish I would ask for all the questions of the universe.

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
ok this time is already [censored] up by the moses takin some bad acid...yeah burning bush my ass...why do we have to do the same for the guys 50000 years into the future.

If I could be granted one wish I would ask for all the questions of the universe.

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
ok...these guys programed this thing to go god knows where for 50k years...i think, maybe they would think about the sun dieing out, or if the future people can read it or not.

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
woohoo triple post

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
Is anyone else wondering about Rosetta Stone type possibilities?
Anyway, if a fraction of the written material from all ages we've already got and to come survive, and unless there's some doomsday event I'm imagining interested people'll ensure that it'll be very possible indeed to chart back the languages to their present day forms. This, I think, is a beautiful idea. I hope it works, but lovley feelings are emanating from it already even if it dosen't. I'll prepare an entry...perhaps an animation sequence that can be transferred to a flipbook on how to juggle and a letter.

Bump.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
wow! nice idea!

wouldnt it be amazing if whoever lived on earth did the same thing for us 50000 years ago and it came down and hit us on the noggins tomorrow. would we be able to understand them tho?

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by:

so it's going on a orbit that takes 50K years to complete and it's not going to be knocked off course by any number of gravitational wells, ion storms, meteorites etc...? All it takes is a very minor shift in course, a tiny misscalculation and over that big of an orbit it will either miss earth or hit the atmosphere so hard there will be nothing left.

Biggest waste of money ever.

Meh not really, metiors follow courses incredibly well so why wouldnt this. anyway we dotn live in that much of a volotile corner of the galaxy why do you think we havnt been hit with metiors that do any real damage

Even if it did go off course it might hit another inhabited plannet some day, or just float arouhd in space and be picked up by someone or something flying in space.

OOh and the sun burning out in 50k years, ont be silly biggrin our sun is a little baby and not very big it will burn for millions of years yet.

I think 50k is abit too long, maybie 10 thausand is better i mean look at us ten thousand years ago we were like retards with rocks, in another 10k years we will be zipping around the universe in space ships. In 50k we will probably have left earth and ventured into other solar systems, or been distroyed somehow.
EDITED_BY: Brit_Joe (1124914221)

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
That's my main worry, that there'll be noone here to get the messages. That or it hitting the moon.
No, they'd spot that and calculate for it to skirt around it I'm fairly sure.
We may have wiped ourselves out, of course. frown

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

Page: