poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
hey there everyone! i can finally use the internet again which means HOP has my little occasional titbits of thoughts and opinions once again!
anyways i'd like to send out a plea for help....
i'm helping with the organisation of a free music festival in logan (brisbane) called FREEFALL and we really need firetwirlers!! the big problem is that its on this saturday (the 8th) which is clearly really short notice! if anyone will be in the area this wkend and is willing to help please let me know!

thank you

--*SaM*--

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i really wish i wasn't working!! arg!

maybe you should send an email to gooble warming (the twirling shop in west end) and tell them about it!! they have a big email list & would probably know of some people who could help you out!!! their email is gooble@gooblewarming.com.au

hope it helps!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Gooble will charge you.
What time is it Sam?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
we're already booked up Saturday so can't help out... but feel free to post on the moonfest community website (link from "my website" icon above) - you might be able to tap into Brisbane-based twirlers that way...

all the best,
Bec

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im always happy to help

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
thanks heaps guys for your help!!

ok so heres the deal

the event goes from 10 am and the headliner plays at five meaning that the only time it would really be pointless to have fire would be after the last band which would be about 6pm. i know that doesnt leave much time but we cant afford to keep it going later!

Anyways, i was thinking that even if we could have some people doing flags or glo poi during the day that would be awesome aswell - whatever anyone could do would be awesome really!!

so yeh the bad part is that we cant pay you because its a free event and we have no money! but it will be an awesome day so its worth coming anyway!! plus you will need insurance if you are going to use fire, but not if you are using glo or flags etc.

thanks so so much everyone for your help!! PM me if you think you can help and i'll let you know more!

xoxox

--*SaM*--

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
thanks heaps guys for your help!!

ok so heres the deal

the event goes from 10 am and the headliner plays at five meaning that the only time it would really be pointless to have fire would be after the last band which would be about 6pm. i know that doesnt leave much time but we cant afford to keep it going later!

Anyways, i was thinking that even if we could have some people doing flags or glo poi during the day that would be awesome aswell - whatever anyone could do would be awesome really!!

so yeh the bad part is that we cant pay you because its a free event and we have no money! but it will be an awesome day so its worth coming anyway!! plus you will need insurance if you are going to use fire, but not if you are using glo or flags etc.

thanks so so much everyone for your help!! PM me if you think you can help and i'll let you know more!

xoxox

--*SaM*--

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
oops!! i mean... just wanted to make sure you all heard me

--*SaM*--